Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

2 hours ago, Kansasfan6 said:

Waverly has had a tougher regular season schedule, and thier playoff wins are more impressive than Peabody’s. Waverly walks out with the win

I will be perfectly honest with you.  Giving up so many points will come back and bite u with a team that can score equally as fast as Waverly does.  The team with the most stops will win.  U guys gave up 62 vs Mustangs, 56, and another 62 point game I believe.  DCHS would not have scored that many against Peabody, neither would Huntingdon.  Yes you score a lot, but this is the playoffs baby.  I dont know if we would have beaten those two teams but I am sure it would be a defensive game on our part. If you guys want to strap it up and play Hog in the trenches, beware.  If it rains the passing will not be as affective.  I hope it pours like cats and dogs. LOL.  

1 hour ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Impressive playoff wins? Barely beating a bad Forrest team, beating an injured CA team and beating down a team that was already demoralized from losing to y’all esrlier in the season is very impressive?

That Wayne County team was still much better than this Waverly team

I agree totally.  CA was my pic until QB got hurt.  But honestly, Wavo is scary good!

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Dude. Seriously. Get the F outta here with your negativity. All of you haters are darn fools if you don’t think that this game will be close. You and General are about the only cry babies that show up on here crying. You lost. Waverly was the better team. SITFU. If you don’t know what that means then I’ll gladly tell you. You haters and nay sayers been taking all season. You see where we are and where y’all are. Waverly will show up and ball out with Blood in their freakin Eyes and Hate in their freakin Heart. Peabody knows what’s up. It’s gonna be an all out war!!!!! Bring on Friday! I done got lit the F up!!!!

wow!!

42 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Public Service announcement  !!!! Win or loose ,Waverly Central Tigers and Trenton Peabody Golden Tide are playing after Thanksgiving!!!!! This is a well earned honor,4 teams left in 2 A thats it!!! Do I want My Tide to win ,yep,but if the clock hits 0 and  PHS is on the short end of the stick I will support the Tigers in Cookeville !!!

likewise

13 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

I will be perfectly honest with you.  Giving up so many points will come back and bite u with a team that can score equally as fast as Waverly does.  The team with the most stops will win.  U guys gave up 62 vs Mustangs, 56, and another 62 point game I believe.  DCHS would not have scored that many against Peabody, neither would Huntingdon.  Yes you score a lot, but this is the playoffs baby.  I dont know if we would have beaten those two teams but I am sure it would be a defensive game on our part. If you guys want to strap it up and play Hog in the trenches, beware.  If it rains the passing will not be as affective.  I hope it pours like cats and dogs. LOL.  

We gave up those points early in the season because we weren't playing some of our skill players on defense like we are now and quite frankly I think we just thought we could out score everyone. I could be wrong but I don't think the 3 games we gave up all the points in would go the same way now! Not saying we woulda won them but woulda gave up less points. 

Just now, Tigers6056 said:

We gave up those points early in the season because we weren't playing some of our skill players on defense like we are now and quite frankly I think we just thought we could out score everyone. I could be wrong but I don't think the 3 games we gave up all the points in would go the same way now! Not saying we woulda won them but woulda gave up less points. 

Agree!

Them Waverly fans don’t like me cause I made them eat a truckload of crow last season. I’ve been on this website for a long time, longer than this account been here because I forgot the login info to my old one. I know what I’m talking about. I’ve watched A LOT of football over the years. Yea my team lost, but they lost by 4 points after going through multiple injuries throughout the season and I will say had our full team been there completely healthy that night vs Waverly it would’ve been a completely different result. But that wasn’t the case so it doesn’t matter. Doesn’t mean my opinion doesn’t matter. All of the Waverly fans except a couple were calling for a multiple score win against us and I told them it would be a one score game one way or the other and guess what, I was right. I’ve watched Peabody and I’ve watched Waverly. In my opinion Peabody is a lot better. Y’all can call me stupid now by calling for a 20 point victory on Friday for Peabody but if or when it happens Friday y’all Waverly fans are gonna look like a whole new kind of stupid. 

34 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

The Tide and Meigs have been ranked all yr. Looks like a lot of people were wrong about Waverly and Trousdale. 

The polls only looks at wins and losses.  Much like these posters who are talking SOS.  Good teams blow people out.  Some regions are tougher top to bottom year end and year out.  I would put any Region up against R7.  Yes Waverly would be a welcome addition to our power region.  But top to bottom R7 has proven its worth.  We have 5 gold balls since 2009.  4 since 2014.

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

The polls only looks at wins and losses.  Much like these posters who are talking SOS.  Good teams blow people out.  Some regions are tougher top to bottom year end and year out.  I would put any Region up against R7.  Yes Waverly would be a welcome addition to our power region.  But top to bottom R7 has proven its worth.  We have 5 gold balls since 2009.  4 since 2014.

And that goes with TCA, Adamsville championship runner-up too

9 minutes ago, Tigers6056 said:

I can agree to that as well