1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

I guess Tony Lambert is a liar then pujo,i was right there when he told our coach it does him no good to play us if we are not in his region and also the drive.We he baled we only had Roberts and Silvey.We didnt say one word when they got those two stud brothers in 07-08.

Your reference to GCA and BA is ridiculous!They went and recruited those kids to their school,provided homes and money for them to play.Your veering off into another realm.

Bailey moved up here from Alabama with a job in Loudon,Didnt even know what a Greenback was.Loudon was Horrible and So was LC.He wanted the best team in the county and sent him here as a Freshman,Who wouldnt?anyone who loves football and wants to be successful wouldnt go to any of those train wrecks.

The Seventh grader came in middle school because he would have to go to WB,if you havent noticed WB is a dumpster fire and the football team is terrible. 

Other than Alcoa or Maryville in this area we are the third best show on grass.

What you are comparing to is cheating,plain and simple.We dont cheat havent cheated and wont cheat.The kids that come here are all straight.As i said ask the lawyer in Kingston who got Childress involved.

Not Cheating O&B , luring kids yes. Same thing as Grace. Just take 3 kids a year,that would equal 12 in four years. If you think I'm lying about my conversation,thats you're option. I'm not so big on lying. He or no other small school wants to play loaded teams. Talked to some of Coalfields fans at our game,  You should have .heard the talk.

13 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I guess Tony Lambert is a liar then pujo,i was right there when he told our coach it does him no good to play us if we are not in his region and also the drive.We he baled we only had Roberts and Silvey.We didnt say one word when they got those two stud brothers in 07-08.

Your reference to GCA and BA is ridiculous!They went and recruited those kids to their school,provided homes and money for them to play.Your veering off into another realm.

Bailey moved up here from Alabama with a job in Loudon,Didnt even know what a Greenback was.Loudon was Horrible and So was LC.He wanted the best team in the county and sent him here as a Freshman,Who wouldnt?anyone who loves football and wants to be successful wouldnt go to any of those train wrecks.

The Seventh grader came in middle school because he would have to go to WB,if you havent noticed WB is a dumpster fire and the football team is terrible. 

What you are comparing to is cheating,plain and simple.We dont cheat havent cheated and wont cheat.The kids that come here are all straight.As i said ask the lawyer in Kingston who got Childress involved.

Did you expect him to say ,you guys cheat and load up. I'd say a no thanks would be sufficient 

20 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

As far as the BA  Thing, Iknow its completely different but  Crow seemed to think as long as the school was small ,it didn't matter because you could only play 11. 

14 minutes ago, pujo said:

Not Cheating O&B , luring kids yes. Same thing as Grace. Just take 3 kids a year,that would equal 12 in four years. If you think I'm lying about my conversation,thats you're option. I'm not so big on lying. He or no other small school wants to play loaded teams. Talked to some of Coalfields fans at our game,  You should have .heard the talk.

I have a few friends in Oneida and they told me the same thing about Oneida’s coaches not wanting to play Greenback anymore because of the “luring” of football players. Funny thing they lure eaxactly the position type player they need every year also. Need lineman one is lured in,need running back one is lured in, need a Qb one is lured in and sometimes all at once. Lol. Very convenient if you ask me. 

Classes won’t ever go back to 3 and frankly it would be crazy to do it. I don’t know of any states with 3 classes. SP has around 250 kids. I think 6 classes is fine. I think they need to be consistent and keep it that way with all their sports though. However, I do think if you have a region with 4-5 teams you should only get 3 playoff spots and a larger region should get the extra one. 

11 minutes ago, nakedbootlegger said:

I have a few friends in Oneida and they told me the same thing about Oneida’s coaches not wanting to play Greenback anymore because of the “luring” of football players. Funny thing they lure eaxactly the position type player they need every year also. Need lineman one is lured in,need running back one is lured in, need a Qb one is lured in and sometimes all at once. Lol. Very convenient if you ask me. 

Yeah i don' make stuff up. They will either gather up pieces this year or they won,t be a big threat next year. They don't deny  trying to get outside talent, just that it really don't help um, if they could get theirs to work a little harder,they would have no need. I'm not sure they had the kids who could overcome some of the transfers with hard work.

8 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Classes won’t ever go back to 3 and frankly it would be crazy to do it. I don’t know of any states with 3 classes. SP has around 250 kids. I think 6 classes is fine. I think they need to be consistent and keep it that way with all their sports though. However, I do think if you have a region with 4-5 teams you should only get 3 playoff spots and a larger region should get the extra one. 

The 3 class thing will never happen.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

3 hours ago, TTUBOBCAT said:

Why haven't you guys scheduled Greenback since dropping them?

I'd imagine because they're not in our region anymore, it's nearly 100 miles each way and lastly, and this last one is only my opinion, because they were hanging half a hundred on us when we played. The last one is speculation on my part but look at the '12-'16 seasons and most would probably come to the same conclusion. 

Edited by crow

1 hour ago, nakedbootlegger said:

Pot stirrer, don't get me wrong, I ain't mad about it but you are what you are. I don't blame you either, if I was a colafieldian I'd be loving this GB stuff, takes the heat off y'all for a while. 

2 hours ago, pujo said:

As far as the BA  Thing, Iknow its completely different but  Crow seemed to think as long as the school was small ,it didn't matter because you could only play 11. 

Nope, try again. I meant I didn't care if all 11 starters were transfers just as long as they were legal. I don't see anything GB has to offer to "lure" anyone there. No tuition, no jobs, no industry, I just don't see what inappropriate benefits could be given in return for attending GB. 

Just now, crow said:

Nope, try again. I meant I didn't care if all 11 starters were transfers just as long as they were legal. I don't see anything GB has to offer to "lure" anyone there. No tuition, no jobs, no industry, I just don't see what inappropriate benefits could be given in return for attending GB. 

FRIED HONEY BUNS!HAS TO BE THE FRIED HONEY BUNS!