1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

We interrupt this game thread to bring you this special weather update.

6:00 PM

Cloudy

46°F
20%

7:00 PM

Cloudy

46°F
25%

8:00 PM

Few Showers

45°F
35%

9:00 PM

Showers

45°F
55%

10:00 PM

Rain

45°F
85%

11:00 PM

Rain

45°F
95%

This special weather update was brought to you by SouthTown productions.  
And by Little Debbie snack cakes. Honey Bunz, the preferred snack cake of midseason recruits. Pick some up today.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. 

• Like 2

I recall earlier in the regular season reading that the only team in GB’s way to another State Championship game was S Pitt. Well, here is the unrecognized playing for a trip to Cookeville. Don’t underestimate the Tigers because they are hungry. They played like crap last week and are aware of that. Now that the bad game is out of the way they can focus on their goal. Praying for an injury free game for both teams and Happy Thanksgiving!

Just now, Redheadstepkid said:

I recall earlier in the regular season reading that the only team in GB’s way to another State Championship game was S Pitt. Well, here is the unrecognized playing for a trip to Cookeville. Don’t underestimate the Tigers because they are hungry. They played like crap last week and are aware of that. Now that the bad game is out of the way they can focus on their goal. Praying for an injury free game for both teams and Happy Thanksgiving!

Alot of us said if we made it to semifinals we would play whitwell this year....i saw it last season in the regular season when whitwell played south pitt....I knew they would be a senior heavy team and have a great season this year 

1 minute ago, Redheadstepkid said:

As Roy would say this is pure mess, but not surprising coming from a newbie.  Greenback has been the clear cut favorite since last season. The statement was made many times that the WINNER of the quarterfinal game would be their only competition. That was from the end of last season through the regular season. It’s been over 25 years since Whitwell was relevant. Everyone knew this class was special. It’s time for you to challenge for a title. As I have said for two years. You boys better get it done this year. The clock is ticking and Whitwell has an expiration date. Whitwell has a good football team. They have many kids that are all state quality athletes. Sometimes great classes come along just look at Cornersville.  

7 minutes ago, Redheadstepkid said:

Yea we heard the same thing about them huntingdon boys and that magic carpet that ain't so magic anymore 

1 minute ago, Bull02 said:

Yea we heard the same thing about them huntingdon boys and that magic carpet that ain't so magic anymore 

I thought Huntingdon would get you this season. However I don’t think anyone in the state thought anything other than Cornersville and Huntingdon were the two best teams in the west. Those two teams along with Greenback, Whitwell, and SP have been the 5 best teams in 1A the last two seasons. 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

As Roy would say this is pure mess, but not surprising coming from a newbie.  Greenback has been the clear cut favorite since last season. The statement was made many times that the WINNER of the quarterfinal game would be their only competition. That was from the end of last season through the regular season. It’s been over 25 years since Whitwell was relevant. Everyone knew this class was special. It’s time for you to challenge for a title. As I have said for two years. You boys better get it done this year. The clock is ticking and Whitwell has an expiration date. Whitwell has a good football team. They have many kids that are all state quality athletes. Sometimes great classes come along just look at Cornersville.  

SMH some of the crap people say to try and fire a team up.GB yes was a lock but Pitt and Whitwell were a toss up with WHS bring the favorite in most peoples eyes.WHS has some impressive wins and we do not so WHS is gonna get the first shot at the unproven 2018 Cherokees.All i can say is make sure both sides are buckled up...Its coming!!

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

SMH some of the crap people say to try and fire a team up.GB yes was a lock but Pitt and Whitwell were a toss up with WHS bring the favorite in most peoples eyes.WHS has some impressive wins and we do not so WHS is gonna get the first shot at the unproven 2018 Cherokees.All i can say is make sure both sides are buckled up...Its coming!!

There is no doubt they will be the best team you’ve played. If you hadn’t lost Gilbert and Willis I would say Greenback by 2-3 scores. However the defection and injury really evens the playing field. You know as well as me thought that when you have your entire team returning from a state championship team you’re going to be the clear cut favorite. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

7 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I thought Huntingdon would get you this season. However I don’t think anyone in the state thought anything other than Cornersville and Huntingdon were the two best teams in the west. Those two teams along with Greenback, Whitwell, and SP have been the 5 best teams in 1A the last two seasons. 

Wrong. Lake County is better than both Huntingdon and So.Pitt this season. LC was better than Huntingdon last year and just as good as Cornersville. Your so quick to discard LC but that's ok the Falcons are still playing. Bass the Falcons will also be the best team in the west next year also. As for this game imo Greenback will win by 2 TDs. Good luck to both teams.

1 minute ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Wrong. Lake County is better than both Huntingdon and So.Pitt this season. LC was better than Huntingdon last year and just as good as Cornersville. Your so quick to discard LC but that's ok the Falcons are still playing. Bass the Falcons will also be the best team in the west next year also. As for this game imo Greenback will win by 2 TDs. Good luck to both teams.

Oh really.. it’s all about matchups big guy. I have said that Lake County and Huntingdon would be the teams to beat in the west in 2019. SP and Greenback will be the teams to beat in the east. Before you go blasting.. you act like I trashed Lake County. I kept you ranked 6th most of the season.  BTW. I think Huntingdon's style of play would have been a bad matchup for Lake County. I never said you couldn’t play with Cornersville.  Maybe your group of juniors can upset all those seniors.  Senior laden teams are tough to beat. BTW I never once picked SP to Cookeville this season. I haven’t picked anyone but Greenback.  Due to Greenback losing a key component I think Whitwell will give them a great game and with more breaks like last week could win again. The bottom line is the winner of Greenback and Whitwell should win it all this season.