Alcoa vs Upperman for a trip to the Championship

crow6424

2 minutes ago, putnamcountyfan said:

I will give you a couple and happy for anyone to give me an explanation. 

Illegal man down the field on a run play.

2 illegal touching on the reciever stepping out of bounds but never touching the ball when came back in. 

Caught the ball at sticks hit immedialty drove back 4 yards ball spotted 4 yards behind the sticks. I could go on but will love to hear the first to explained

Yea that officiating crew struggled all night.

One explanation I need is on a long run by Upperman, Alcoa had a flag thrown upfield. I thought to keep the run you decline the penalty? The crew added it to the end of run?

Clearly missed was two offensive pass interference penalties by the Bees. One that would have stopped a scoring drive?

I was way too far away the see any details of the onside kick?

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

......and continues. Passing has become a non threat. NOT because of #1. He had a great game! What's missing are the short passes and passes between the hashes. That leads to trying to run against a loaded box.....where did that balanced offense that scored 34 points on Maryville go?

Well no wonder the Game was closer than I thought ! Alcoa has one of the best QB's they've ever had this year , seriously , as far as just Passing goes I thought he was better than Randall ! Alcoa is playing on a different Level when you have to defend the Run , AND the PASS ! I guess the weather conditions dictated a more conservative game plan , but to me Walker Russell has proven himself and should be trusted under any conditions ... Why try to play with one hand tied behind your back when you have one of the best QB's in the State ! Either way Congrats to Both Alcoa and to Upperman on a Great season , and Good Luck to Alcoa next week !

45 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yea that officiating crew struggled all night.

One explanation I need is on a long run by Upperman, Alcoa had a flag thrown upfield. I thought to keep the run you decline the penalty? The crew added it to the end of run?

Clearly missed was two offensive pass interference penalties by the Bees. One that would have stopped a scoring drive?

I was way too far away the see any details of the onside kick?

I think they called unsportsman on that play. Long run by #24, but a UHS lineman got decleated 30 yards behind the play and it drew a flag. The old Crack back or Pell back block. Hines Ward perfected it. I hate they have took hitting mostly out of the game. At least we didn't have any targeting calls decide the game. 

22 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Well no wonder the Game was closer than I thought ! Alcoa has one of the best QB's they've ever had this year , seriously , as far as just Passing goes I thought he was better than Randall ! Alcoa is playing on a different Level when you have to defend the Run , AND the PASS ! I guess the weather conditions dictated a more conservative game plan , but to me Walker Russell has proven himself and should be trusted under any conditions ... Why try to play with one hand tied behind your back when you have one of the best QB's in the State ! Either way Congrats to Both Alcoa and to Upperman on a Great season , and Good Luck to Alcoa next week !

Yea,it hard to watch when you know that they can do...sigh.

Buddy,sorry to hear about the rough night in Murfreesboro. Hate it. And, Greenback loss made it even worst for our Community. 

28 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

I think they called unsportsman on that play. Long run by #24, but a UHS lineman got decleated 30 yards behind the play and it drew a flag. The old Crack back or Pell back block. Hines Ward perfected it. I hate they have took hitting mostly out of the game. At least we didn't have any targeting calls decide the game. 

You do not have to reject the blocking penalty to get the long run to stand?

4 hours ago, crow6424 said:

We definitely got away with offensive pass interference a few times. To have a chance to beat Alcoa in the 4th quarter shows how far our program has come in the last 7 years. Proud of both teams showing great sportsmanship and hopefully this becomes a post season rivalry for years to come.

Spot on!.....now send the GOONS more donuts!:hungry:

28 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yea,it hard to watch when you know that they can do...sigh.

Buddy,sorry to hear about the rough night in Murfreesboro. Hate it. And, Greenback loss made it even worst for our Community. 

Ya our Boys were out of Sync from the Get Go , I think they let the Terrible field conditions get in their heads . Up to Alcoa now to bring one back this year , I'm sure you guys will get R dun !! Hopefully the Coaches will let Walker do what he does best !

6 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

......and continues. Passing has become a non threat. NOT because of #1. He had a great game! What's missing are the short passes and passes between the hashes. That leads to trying to run against a loaded box.....where did that balanced offense that scored 34 points on Maryville go?

Agree 100% BC. However, IMO our OL is not playing it’s best football right now. This issue started with the AE games late this season. Last night was another marginal performance. Excessive penetration and failure to maintain contact/blocks presented our backs with some unworkable situations. Speaking of backs, where was #2 in the first half? 

Of course, you have to give great rspect to the defensive scheme and the aggressiveness of Upperman’s D-Line and LB corps. They executed very well And gave our boys all they wanted. 

Bottom line: all good things begin and end with the quality of play from the front five. Our OL need to trash their early season press clippings, execute a  technique refresh, and find the early season success once enjoyed. 

I hate blaming refs - if you’re good enough, bad calls won’t lose the game for you.  There’s been a  lot of speculation on the on-side kick, so here is the video footage so you can judge for yourself.  There are dozens of missed blocks, dropped passes, poor tackles and missed coverages that cause a team to lose a game.  This play didn’t lose the game for the Bees whether it was the right or wrong call - just wanted everyone to be able to see it for themselves since it’s the topic of so much conversation today  

On Side Kick