1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Me and PowerP kept calling for yall to break out the Wildcat package.  It's really what yall do best especially when its crunch time. It's the reason you were there today.  You had that to fall back on when you needed a spark. Also when the QB went out against Greenback. 

We were pretty banged up and weather made passing game difficult. You can never go wrong getting 31 the ball more either. Lol Hats off to CV, great defense and hard nosed team. 

Edited by StewieG73

To my dawg senior players. Very proud of what y’all have done the last 4 years. Y’all have been a pleasure to watch. Keep your heads up. You have your entire life ahead. You have made our community proud and I am just one of many that have enjoyed watching y’all play the game. Much respect from me to y’all. You have taught those young pups behind y’all how it’s done. I’m not calling out any individuals because all of you do it the right way. You play for each other. You left it on the field and that all I, as a fan, can ask. Proud of each one of you. Wish all of y’all much success in the roads you decide to take in life. 

To my tailgating buds....been a sweet ride. See y’all next year  

Go Dawgs!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, sum1uno said:

To my dawg senior players. Very proud of what y’all have done the last 4 years. Y’all have been a pleasure to watch. Keep your heads up. You have your entire life ahead. You have made our community proud and I am just one of many that have enjoyed watching y’all play the game. Much respect from me to y’all. You have taught those young pups behind y’all how it’s done. I’m not calling out any individuals because all of you do it the right way. You play for each other. You left it on the field and that all I, as a fan, can ask. Proud of each one of you. Wish all of y’all much success in the roads you decide to take in life. 

Go Dawgs!!

Much respect from this Tiger!! 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, WingoVFL said:

Well besides in middle school but we won’t talk about that

Lol, i still think that’s the most interesting part of this story.....  This team lost to a Grundy team whose best players apart from the Nunley brothers, all play/ played ball for Sequatchie, Marion, Whitwell and South Pitt.

13 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Go Dawgs!!

Respect.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Go Dawgs!!

I have to say, it’s rare when schools compete for championships with a group of good players but  none who truly just stick out of the pack that are just a cut above talent wise from the second you lay eyes on them. Y’all need to get your checkbook out and pay that man who leads your program.   The defense I watched on the field was everything you guys said it was, one unit that played together and at a military like level of discipline.   That type of high level play only comes from a coach that truly understands how to operate a program.  You guys were ultimately the sum of doing all the little things right all the time, top to bottom in that program, and it definitely shows.....  what you’ve achieved is just as rare as what Whitwell did, much respect to your program and the young ones who represented it today.   You’ve got nothing to be ashamed of , you were 2-4 plays from holding the gold ball yourself...

Edited by ImaSavage
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ImaSavage said:

I have to say, it’s rare when schools compete for championships with a group of good players but  none who truly just stick out of the pack that are just a cut above talent wise from the second you lay eyes on them. Y’all need to get your checkbook out and pay that man who leads your program.   The defense I watched on the field was everything you guys said it was, one unit that played together and at a military like level of discipline.   That type of high level play only comes from a coach that truly understands how to operate a program.  You guys were ultimately the sum of doing all the little things right all the time, top to bottom in that program, and it definitely shows.....  what you’ve achieved is just as rare as what Whitwell did, much respect to your program and the young ones who represented it today.   You’ve got nothing to be ashamed of , you were 2-4 plays for holding the gold ball yourself...

Thanks. Much respect for your team, fans and coaches as well. Y’all represent Whitwell proudly. 

51 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Go Dawgs!!

You nailed it in this post! I've enjoyed tagging along with y'all and appreciate all the hospitality y'all showed us WC folks standing on yalls side, had a great time talking with the Cville faithful the past few weeks