6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

MidTennFootball

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

4 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Lookin' fer a low scorrin' slugfest....Eye ant seed WH this yeer but eye know thay weal lode tha box and brang tha pressure.....Saim fer Okelund......Eye weal say Okelund wins a clost one becaws thay ere loaded.....Butt eye cood haiv sed tha saim 2 yeer ago.....So......Lookin' fer a goodur gaim....A cupple ov qwestuns fer both fan bases....

1. How duz this Whitehaven D compair two 2016.....???

b. If'un Whitehaven stopps tha run cain #2 fer Okelund pass hit good enuff....???

:popcorneater:

I think 2016 defense was better due to having better DLine play

Also the most points that the 2016 D gave up was 20 and that was in like week 3.

The 2016 defense was ridiculously good

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

4 hours ago, TOM4000Patriots said:

Gotta tackle with shoulder pads.   Only way they are not gonna call it in any league.   Can't be trying to knock receivers head off if the ball beats defender to the receiver.   At that point your just trying to tackle the player.   

Well in the case of the first incident our player did that. The receiver balled up and our player was called for targeting. 

Seems to me you are just going to have to go low on the receiver. Cause if you tackle with your shoulder pads and they duck ... It's helmet to helmet. To avoid that you are going to have to go for the mid-section or below to avoid the targeting call. I don't see any other way around it.

4 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

When I played safety , way back when, if you were a receiver and in my territory you were a target thats the way the game is played. It sounds like your safety was just doing his job. 

Well that's the way the game use to be played. It's not Like that anymore, from what we've been exposed to at WH. A defenseless receiver can not have the 'boom' lowered upon him like in times past because frankly, that's what happened in each case. They were severe hits. Jolting even. Flags will fly.

5 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

1. How duz this Whitehaven D compair two 2016.....???

b. If'un Whitehaven stopps tha run cain #2 fer Okelund pass hit good enuff....???

:popcorneater:

1.) Good question. First let me say that WH currently has two players on this year's defense that played in that game in 2016. One is LB Bryson Eason and the other is CB Joshua Gray. Both are key contributers on this year's team. If you would have asked me that question earlier in the season, I would have told you a flat out NO. But, I've watched this defense grow and matriculate throughout the season. The defense we have now, at the end of this season is in the same ball park as the 2016 team. With all of our guys healthy and in place along with the subs and special defense players in place, I feel like this defense is just as good. However, they are different in composition. Both are difficult to run against. Both are big and athletic. However, the D-line was better on the 2016 team. The LB Corp is better on this team, even with a Mr. Football winning LB on the 2016 team, this year's LB Corp is supremely better. In fact, I believe that WH has the best LB Corp in the state, bar none. They are freaking beasts!

Let me add that our defense has currently accounted for 18 INTs this season. 11 in the regular season and 7 in the post season. The WH pass defense is pretty strong as well.

I hope that answers your question.

Edited by kwc

39 minutes ago, kwc said:

1.) Good question. First let me say that WH currently has two players on this year's defense that played in that game in 2016. One is LB Bryson Eason and the other is CB Joshua Gray. Both are key contributers on this year's team. If you would have asked me that question earlier in the season, I would have told you a flat out NO. But, I've watched this defense grow and matriculate throughout the season. The defense we have now, at the end of this season is in the same ball park as the 2016 team. With all of our guys healthy and in place along with the subs and special defense players in place, I feel like this defense is just as good. However, they are different in composition. Both are difficult to run against. Both are big and athletic. However, the D-line was better on the 2016 team. The LB Corp is better on this team, even with a Mr. Football winning LB on the 2016 team, this year's LB Corp is supremely better. In fact, I believe that WH has the best LB Corp in the state, bar none. They are freaking beasts!

Let me add that our defense has currently accounted for 18 INTs this season. 11 in the regular season and 7 in the post season. The WH pass defense is pretty strong as well.

I hope that answers your question.

Should be some ballhawks roaming around on both defenses all night then. We have 19 interceptions this season, 3 last Friday. We also have 14 fumble recoveries. 33 takeaways, defensively, thrown 3 interceptions, and 3 lost fumbles all season. +27 in turnovers Athletes all over the field Thursday night! Gonna be fun!!

Edited by AlwaysAPatriot

6 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Should be some ballhawks roaming around on both defenses all night then. We have 19 interceptions this season, 3 last Friday. We also have 14 fumble recoveries. 33 takeaways, defensively, thrown 3 interceptions, and 3 lost fumbles all season. +27 in turnovers Athletes all over the field Thursday night! Gonna be fun!!

Ballhawks galore. Ours are spread out amount 7 or 8 guys, I'm not sure off the top of my head. Something like 2 LBs and the rest are DBs. For some reason I've been keeping up with that particular stat. I have no clue on the number of fumbles recovered. I think we've thrown 5 INTs on the season, if that. I'm not sure about the exact #  but it isn't a lot, especially compared to the number of TD passes thrown. On the regular season WH had completed 24 TD passes. I'm not sure how many in the post season ... Perhaps 10 I think. I'll check to see how accurate that number is though.