6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

MidTennFootball

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

Lookin' fer a low scorrin' slugfest....Eye ant seed WH this yeer but eye know thay weal lode tha box and brang tha pressure.....Saim fer Okelund......Eye weal say Okelund wins a clost one becaws thay ere loaded.....Butt eye cood haiv sed tha saim 2 yeer ago.....So......Lookin' fer a goodur gaim....A cupple ov qwestuns fer both fan bases....

1. How duz this Whitehaven D compair two 2016.....???

b. If'un Whitehaven stopps tha run cain #2 fer Okelund pass hit good enuff....???

:popcorneater:

6 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Targeting... this is something that just wears me out. I understand a blatant late hit or something like that but how do you honestly tell an LB not to knock the heck out running back or a DB , DE not to attack the opponent? This is seriously a problem for the sport of football.  And we all know that officiating isnt what it used to be as far as professuonalism and integrity goes. 

In each WH instance it was our Safety bearing down on a receiver catching a deep pass on the sideline. In each instance the safety timed his collision with the receiver precisely when the ball touched his hands or soon thereafter. The receiver's self preservation instincts kick in and they ball up trying to prepare for the impact. The safety is aiming at the chest. Upon the receiver getting small, the safety hits the upper chest area. The receiver's head snaps back as a result of the collision and violia!

Targeting!

It happens so fast if you blinked, you missed it.

So, how do you teach your safety to make this play? Aim for the waist? Lord knows you don't want a helmet to knee impact. Don't hit the receiver? Allow him to catch the ball? What do you do while running at your top speed trying to cover ground?

Edited by kwc

16 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Lookin' fer a low scorrin' slugfest....Eye ant seed WH this yeer but eye know thay weal lode tha box and brang tha pressure.....Saim fer Okelund......Eye weal say Okelund wins a clost one becaws thay ere loaded.....Butt eye cood haiv sed tha saim 2 yeer ago.....So......Lookin' fer a goodur gaim....A cupple ov qwestuns fer both fan bases....

b. If'un Whitehaven stopps tha run cain #2 fer Okelund pass hit good enuff....???

Oakland has the arm and receivers to run a good pass game.  Like most teams, gotta have a good line to protect qb.  Comes down to protection if we throw.  Got the players to do it.   

16 minutes ago, kwc said:

In each WH instance it was our Safety bearing down on a receiver catching a deep pass on the sideline. In each instance the safety timed his collision with the receiver precisely when the ball touched his hands or soon thereafter. The receiver's self preservation instincts kick in and they ball up trying to prepare for the impact. The safety is aiming at the chest. Upon the receiver getting small, the safety hits the upper chest area. The receiver's head snaps back as a result of the collision and violia!

Targeting!

It happens so fast if you blinked, you missed it.

So, how do you teach your safety to make this play? Aim for the waist? Lord knows you don't want a helmet to knee impact. Don't hit the receiver? Allow him to catch the ball? What do you do while running at your top speed trying to cover ground?

When I played safety , way back when, if you were a receiver and in my territory you were a target thats the way the game is played. It sounds like your safety was just doing his job. 

2 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

This D is about the same, maybe a hair better in my opinion. That freshman linebacker that gave Oakland fits is a junior now and we have another really good linebacker right beside him. They’re the heart of our D. Secondary is solid but unfortunately we’ll be without our captain DB. Dline will apply pressure. Since we’ve been healthy our D has been showing up big against the run and making teams pay when they try to pass.