6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

MidTennFootball

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

5 hours ago, HAVEN4Eva said:

Good  morning people.. just here  to grace this thread.. haven’t been on coach t as a actually commentator.. lol so I decided to finally join .    HAVEN 4ever!!!!

Welcome to the T.

eers will have you to believe that this game won't be close in the 4th quarter. He's basing his assessment off of highlight videos and what he can see off of HUDL.

Did I just say that with a straight face?

Anyway, Thursday will be here before you know it. Don't be shy.

WHITEHAVEN FOREVER! (Said with the Wakadian double fisted salute making an X across the chest)

Edited by kwc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kwc said:

Welcome to the T.

eers will have you to believe that this game won't be close in the 4th quarter. He's basing his assessment off of highlight videos and what he can see off of HUDL.

Did I just say that with a straight face?

Anyway, Thursday will be here before you know it. Don't be shy.

WHITEHAVEN FOREVER! (Said with the Wakadian double fisted salute making an X across the chest)

Hudl = what every coach in the country uses. 

:bored:

Go Patriots!

1 hour ago, kwc said:

Well, his high school career is ending with him having to watch his teammates compete for a championship while having to sit it out on the sidelines. 

He's a team captain who played out of position for most of the year due to an injury to someone else, and he did so admirably. Now, when he finally gets settled into his natural position, this happens. He was just making a play

He'll be on the sidelines leading his team like a senior/captain should. He will have a great attitude. He's that kind of guy. But ... It sucks ... Big-time.

Really does suck!! Hard for a teenage athlete to see anything positive out of that situation, but taking that opportunity to lead from the sideline is the mark of a winner. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HAVEN4Eva said:

My brother I think you are mistaken...... I never said they didn’t dominate defensively however I did state that the dominance of this “38-0” score came from short field advantage due to turnovers and capitalizing off of turnovers.. name me. A series  where they actual had to drive the ball? I can probably name you one .. otter than that 1st and 10  across the 50  dude to 7 possessions from forced turnovers is not what we call dominant in all phases .. they executed on the short field advantages . Let’s not be biased because it was a shutout of  one the  favorites from that side of the state  and they are not accustomed to those type of losses. As a realist, a scout, a former player, I’m speaking on what I saw  in person at Oakland...   7 turnovers will lead you to under 150 total yards I do so believe.. 

This Oakland team is the high school version of BeamerBall. Most of the pressure they are going to put on you is through their defense and special teams.

If you want to go back and look at all their games, those units have consistently created short fields for the offense. So yes if not constantly having 80 yard drives diminishes Oakland in some way, they're guilty as sin

2 hours ago, kwc said:

Well, his high school career is ending with him having to watch his teammates compete for a championship while having to sit it out on the sidelines. 

He's a team captain who played out of position for most of the year due to an injury to someone else, and he did so admirably. Now, when he finally gets settled into his natural position, this happens. He was just making a play

He'll be on the sidelines leading his team like a senior/captain should. He will have a great attitude. He's that kind of guy. But ... It sucks ... Big-time.

For his sake. I hope they win the appeal. The game means nothing without kids like him playing in it

52 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

For his sake. I hope they win the appeal. The game means nothing without kids like him playing in it

Targeting... this is something that just wears me out. I understand a blatant late hit or something like that but how do you honestly tell an LB not to knock the heck out running back or a DB , DE not to attack the opponent? This is seriously a problem for the sport of football.  And we all know that officiating isnt what it used to be as far as professuonalism and integrity goes. 

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

This Oakland team is the high school version of BeamerBall. Most of the pressure they are going to put on you is through their defense and special teams.

If you want to go back and look at all their games, those units have consistently created short fields for the offense. So yes if not constantly having 80 yard drives diminishes Oakland in some way, they're guilty as sin

I have no reason to look at a highlight film from the past when I just saw them play  the NOW second best team on the east side of  Tennessee in person . 

This will be a low scoring game. 1st one to 10 wins.  I saw how good Oakland was twice this year on defense. The 1st Maryville vs Oakland game Maryville was healthy and Oakland was banged up. Aaron Moore played very little and Justin Anderson had a broken arm. Anderson still played but was ineffective. Even without those 2 Oakland was stiff tough on defense. The game this past friday Oakland was healthy. What a difference Aaron Moore and Justin Anderson makes. Justin Anderson dominated. The whole Dline dominated. It hurt Maryville losing Tee Hodge. But! Maryville would have lost even if Tee was healthy. Oakland is the better team. I think Oakland vs Whitehaven will be close. Should be a slobber knocker.

4 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

I've watched 2 Stork Montgomery highlight films of Oakland so far and I like #4 even more. Him and our LBs will have some good, healthy collisions! 

Very good observation of Mookie Wilson #4 who does some good things for the offense.   Looks like #14 for WH has some pretty good skills for the tigers.