6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

MidTennFootball

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

7 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

That’s pretty tough for him!! Hate that!! 

Is he playing anywhere after high school?

The last I heard he has four (4) offers on the table. UT CHAT, MTSU, TN TECH, and I can't remember the 4th one off the top of my head. Austin Peay I think, but don't quote me.

Edited by kwc

Also a few things I want to point out...... if y’all want to count this as dominance of  maryville  cool, but us  memphians   would  like to  just respectably say they won the field position battle.   From the full game I saw  in person as well as the highlights.  There were A bunch of turnovers  that flipped field position and put Oakland in scoring territory And the rest was history. I wouldn’t by far say they dominated maryville, But being down early from turnovers  it’s hard to gameplan and make adjustments to overcome such a large deficit/hole you’ve dug  yourself into.  Oakland  CAN FLATFOOT   BALL! This we all know, but turnovers are apart of the game  and me first hand being at this game , I  Saw  a team that had to change their whole  gameplan.  Maryville   Didn’t Play to  “maryville standards”, but that’s no excuse when they have been dominant for so long. All credits go to Oakland’s defense and  there ability to score off of turnovers..  something I  WOULD LOVEEEEE TO SEE MY ALMA MATER  ADAPT TO DOIN. “Scoring off the turnovers “

Edited by HAVEN4Eva

Also a few things I want to point out...... if y’all want to count this as dominance of  maryville  cool, but us  memphis  would  like to  just respectably say they won the field position battle.   From the full game I saw  in person as well as the highlights.  There were A bunch of turnovers  that flipped field position and put Oakland in scoring territory And the rest was history. I wouldn’t by far say they dominated maryville, But being down early from turnovers  it’s hard to gameplan and make adjustments to overcome such a large deficit/hole you’ve dug  yourself into.  Oakland  CAN FLATFOOT   BALL! This we all know, but turnovers are apart of the game  and me first hand being at this game , I  Saw  a team that had to change their whole  gameplan.  Maryville   Didn’t Play to “maryville standards” , but that’s no excuse when they have been dominant for so long. All credits go to Oakland’s defense and  there ability to score off of turnovers..  something I  WOULD LOVEEEEE TO SEE MY ALMA MATER  ADAPT TO DOIN. “Scoring off the turnovers “. if I’m not mistaken Oakland forced 7 turnovers this game and 4 or 5 of those were in maryville  territory And that’s something you can’t do against a GREAT TEAM. 

8 minutes ago, HAVEN4Eva said:

Also a few things I want to point out...... if y’all want to count this as dominance of  maryville  cool, but us  memphis  would  like to  just respectably say they won the field position battle.   From the full game I saw  in person as well as the highlights.  There were A bunch of turnovers  that flipped field position and put Oakland in scoring territory And the rest was history. I wouldn’t by far say they dominated maryville, But being down early from turnovers  it’s hard to gameplan and make adjustments to overcome such a large deficit/hole you’ve dug  yourself into.  Oakland  CAN FLATFOOT   BALL! This we all know, but turnovers are apart of the game  and me first hand being at this game , I  Saw  a team that had to change their whole  gameplan.  Maryville   Didn’t Play t maryville standards, but that’s no excuse when they have been dominant for so long. All credits go to Oakland’s defense and  there ability to score off of turnovers..  something I  WOULD LOVEEEEE TO SEE MY ALMA MATER  ADAPT TO DOIN. “Scoring off the turnovers “

well well well We got another Haven-ite on the T! Salute and welcome

1 hour ago, HAVEN4Eva said:

Also a few things I want to point out...... if y’all want to count this as dominance of  maryville  cool, but us  memphians   would  like to  just respectably say they won the field position battle.   From the full game I saw  in person as well as the highlights.  There were A bunch of turnovers  that flipped field position and put Oakland in scoring territory And the rest was history. I wouldn’t by far say they dominated maryville, But being down early from turnovers  it’s hard to gameplan and make adjustments to overcome such a large deficit/hole you’ve dug  yourself into.  Oakland  CAN FLATFOOT   BALL! This we all know, but turnovers are apart of the game  and me first hand being at this game , I  Saw  a team that had to change their whole  gameplan.  Maryville   Didn’t Play to  “maryville standards”, but that’s no excuse when they have been dominant for so long. All credits go to Oakland’s defense and  there ability to score off of turnovers..  something I  WOULD LOVEEEEE TO SEE MY ALMA MATER  ADAPT TO DOIN. “Scoring off the turnovers “

Maryville was held to under 150 yards of total offense, didn't cross the 50 until late. If that's not dominant in your eyes, id sure love to know what is. Last I checked forcing turnovers is a part of the game. Maryville had only thrown 1 INT going into this game.

By no means does their performance against Maryville mean anything Thursday, but defensively they dominated in every phase of the game. If you can't score you can't win doesn't matter what offense the opposition is running

42 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Maryville was held to under 150 yards of total offense, didn't cross the 50 until late. If that's not dominant in your eyes, id sure love to know what is. Last I checked forcing turnovers is a part of the game. Maryville had only thrown 1 INT going into this game.

By no means does their performance against Maryville mean anything Thursday, but defensively they dominated in every phase of the game. If you can't score you can't win doesn't matter what offense the opposition is running

My brother I think you are mistaken...... I never said they didn’t dominate defensively however I did state that the dominance of this “38-0” score came from short field advantage due to turnovers and capitalizing off of turnovers.. name me. A series  where they actual had to drive the ball? I can probably name you one .. otter than that 1st and 10  across the 50  dude to 7 possessions from forced turnovers is not what we call dominant in all phases .. they executed on the short field advantages . Let’s not be biased because it was a shutout of  one the  favorites from that side of the state  and they are not accustomed to those type of losses. As a realist, a scout, a former player, I’m speaking on what I saw  in person at Oakland...   7 turnovers will lead you to under 150 total yards I do so believe.. 

2 hours ago, HAVEN4Eva said:

My brother I think you are mistaken...... I never said they didn’t dominate defensively however I did state that the dominance of this “38-0” score came from short field advantage due to turnovers and capitalizing off of turnovers.. name me. A series  where they actual had to drive the ball? I can probably name you one .. otter than that 1st and 10  across the 50  dude to 7 possessions from forced turnovers is not what we call dominant in all phases .. they executed on the short field advantages . Let’s not be biased because it was a shutout of  one the  favorites from that side of the state  and they are not accustomed to those type of losses. As a realist, a scout, a former player, I’m speaking on what I saw  in person at Oakland...   7 turnovers will lead you to under 150 total yards I do so believe.. 

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. I don’t really care to argue about what one considers dominant and the other doesn’t, but it’s not like Maryville just gave Oakland the ball in those positions. The Oakland defense forced the majority of those turnovers and the good field position on multiple occasions. That being said, I don’t care if that win is considered dominance or not. A win is a win, and it has nothing to do with Thursday.  

5 hours ago, HAVEN4Eva said:

Also a few things I want to point out...... if y’all want to count this as dominance of  maryville  cool, but us  memphis  would  like to  just respectably say they won the field position battle.   From the full game I saw  in person as well as the highlights.  There were A bunch of turnovers  that flipped field position and put Oakland in scoring territory And the rest was history. I wouldn’t by far say they dominated maryville, But being down early from turnovers  it’s hard to gameplan and make adjustments to overcome such a large deficit/hole you’ve dug  yourself into.  Oakland  CAN FLATFOOT   BALL! This we all know, but turnovers are apart of the game  and me first hand being at this game , I  Saw  a team that had to change their whole  gameplan.  Maryville   Didn’t Play to “maryville standards” , but that’s no excuse when they have been dominant for so long. All credits go to Oakland’s defense and  there ability to score off of turnovers..  something I  WOULD LOVEEEEE TO SEE MY ALMA MATER  ADAPT TO DOIN. “Scoring off the turnovers “. if I’m not mistaken Oakland forced 7 turnovers this game and 4 or 5 of those were in maryville  territory And that’s something you can’t do against a GREAT TEAM. 

Welcome to the T and I get exactly what you’re saying. That’s the same thing I was telling people after our first game against Germantown when we got beat 37-19. If you turn the ball over while the other team doesn’t and converts your turnovers into points it appears to you got dominated but in reality it’s more self inflicted wounds. It’s a part of the game but if you bring your C/D/F game against a good team and they’re  bringing their A game, it’s  gonna get real ugly fast. Domination is when both teams are playing to the best of their abilities and one is just clearly outmatched and overpowered. The second half of the Ravenwood game was domination. If we don’t bring our A game against Oakland it’s gonna get ugly fast. If we come out focused and executing like we know we can. Oakland won’t know what hit them. Teams are banking on us being undisciplined, sloppy, and out coached... and then when we show we’re not reality will set in. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Good for him. Would hate his entire career to end like that!

Well, his high school career is ending with him having to watch his teammates compete for a championship while having to sit it out on the sidelines. 

He's a team captain who played out of position for most of the year due to an injury to someone else, and he did so admirably. Now, when he finally gets settled into his natural position, this happens. He was just making a play

He'll be on the sidelines leading his team like a senior/captain should. He will have a great attitude. He's that kind of guy. But ... It sucks ... Big-time.

Edited by kwc