• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

MidTennFootball

6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

Just now, Chief6684 said:

Let me know how many of them make a difference at the next level. It's one thing to be a recruit but look at GA, TX, FL, AL CA big school football. Their recruits are the ones shining on Saturdays.

Chief, you are wanting to discredit the D1 recruits. You should back that up with homework and not ask others to do it for you.

If TN, is 6th on the list (and I question CA), there are plenty of states that would like to have the TN players.

Think about the great competition if 6A included the best in DII and the Perennial champs of 3A, 4A,5A. Amazing TN high school football. Everyone gets better. 

2 minutes ago, Reneg8d1 said:

I see the D1 talent on Oakland.  Not so much on Whitehaven—mostly getting college potential for size and MAYBE speed.  Oakland has true D1 ballers.  

Whitehaven D1- TE to Ohio State, OL to UT, DB to Vandy, WR to Memphis, both LB’s are highly recruited and they have more

5 minutes ago, Hubbard said:

I don't know, I like seeing great defense and touchdowns.

I agree that I wish WH was more competitive.

I love defense to be. I would have loved to see WH with there starting QB.

2 minutes ago, Hubbard said:

Chief, you are wanting to discredit the D1 recruits. You should back that up with homework and not ask others to do it for you.

If TN, is 6th on the list (and I question CA), there are plenty of states that would like to have the TN players.

There are about 10 CA teams would mercy rule both these teams tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Chief6684 said:

There are about 10 CA teams would mercy rule both these teams tonight. 

Well, that is the great thing about opinions.

To be fair, CA does have a lot of great players. It is a large state.

I just wonder what happened to your TV remote.

You can still catch some Joel Olsteen if you hurry.

Edited by Hubbard

Just now, MrFootball71 said:

Whitehaven D1- TE to Ohio State, OL to UT, DB to Vandy, WR to Memphis, both LB’s are highly recruited and they have more

Again, true ballers show up in big games.  Recruiting is very subjective—how many times do we see 300+lbs OL that look the part but can’t open a hole yet recruited because of his size.  I didn’t see anything tonight from any Whitehaven player that says D1 talent.  

8 minutes ago, Chief6684 said:

Let me know how many of them make a difference at the next level. It's one thing to be a recruit but look at GA, TX, FL, AL CA big school football. Their recruits are the ones shining on Saturdays.

Obviously you have no clue about TN HS Football.  Tennessee is now a top 10 state in producing top HS talent. Every state ahead of them has a larger population except Louisiana. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football-recruiting/2017/12/18/16780636/best-recruits-2018-state-rankings