Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

On 6/29/2019 at 8:14 AM, TheAmbassador said:

The Pirates had a GREAT chance before Greenback got all the new kids. We still have a chance it’s just not nearly as good anymore. 

Dad Burnit, Old Pirate goin to say what most know! They’s A HEEP of recruiting taking place round the goat herders domain!  Ain’t No way a team loses key players at key positions then gets all those positions filled by quality players from other programs. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

I asked this question the other day. They still only have the 2 kids that have been mentioned here already. 

Hum, two players that played in only 1 game last year? LOPAO, 1 player returned to South Pittsburg where his mother has been a teacher for a long time and another unproven player that didn’t play at all. The reported return of the Cagle kid should pay dividends long term. 

On 6/27/2019 at 9:25 PM, Southtowner said:

That's not useless information.  That's awesome!

I take it you have finally compiled the historical record of ALL the scores ? 

On 6/30/2019 at 8:52 AM, TheAmbassador said:

I asked this question the other day. They still only have the 2 kids that have been mentioned here already. 

Were any of you all around for the 1974 state championship that was held at South Pitt?

10 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

We played Brentwood Academy for the Class A state title.  Different format back in those days. 

Yeah my dad played for Milan in the 70’s. I just don’t remember him saying where the championships were played.   How was it decided ?