Trenton Peabody Golden Tide 2019

PeabodyPride

6 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Think I will make it to this game and hopefully along with Coach Sharp from Lewis Co,former assistant at Milan.With this being a Thursday game and his wife from Milan ,think I can get him to go to this game with me. 

Make sure you guys wear your purple. The black and pee stain colors don’t look too good. 

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Make sure you guys wear your purple. The black and pee stain colors don’t look too good. 

It's cool yall dont have to Wear gold we get it !! Its hard to wear Gold if you dont remember how its is to win Gold !!!!! All the banter aside Its a great time to be involve with high school sports in the Gibson County Tn area..

7 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

It's cool yall dont have to Wear gold we get it !! Its hard to wear Gold if you dont remember how its is to win Gold !!!!! All the banter aside Its a great time to be involve with high school sports in the Gibson County Tn area..

I was just going to say he will probably wear black and gold which is his colors also.But to touch on the gold and winning.I think Lake Co has done very well over the years.Couple state championships.About 3 runnersups.Been to the 4th round past 3 years.And I think winning percentage wise,Coach Sharp and Lewis Co is probably in the top 10 in all time wins and believe as a coach hes probably in the top 3 or close to all time wins as a coach and in the TSSAA Hall of Fame.So I think he knows about winning.Just maybe not the gold ball you referring to.But LC does have a couple and even 1 in basketball...lol

Edited by mrbigster

35 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I was just going to say he will probably wear black and gold which is his colors also.But to touch on the gold and winning.I think Lake Co has done very well over the years.Couple state championships.About 3 runnersups.Been to the 4th round past 3 years.And I think winning percentage wise,Coach Sharp and Lewis Co is probably in the top 10 in all time wins and believe as a coach hes probably in the top 3 or close to all time wins as a coach and in the TSSAA Hall of Fame.So I think he knows about winning.Just maybe not the gold ball you referring to.But LC does have a couple and even 1 in basketball...lol

Lake co has only been to the semis the last 2 years. Not 3. That would be 2017 and 2018. In 2016 you went 5-5 and did not make the playoffs. That was the last year Peabody and Union City were in your region so too 4 was Dresden, UC, Peabody and Humboldt. You guys were on the outside looking in. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Lake co has only been to the semis the last 2 years. Not 3. That would be 2017 and 2018. In 2016 you went 5-5 and did not make the playoffs. That was the last year Peabody and Union City were in your region so too 4 was Dresden, UC, Peabody and Humboldt. You guys were on the outside looking in. 

I'm counting this year..lol.And yes,would mean getting by Hunt.But still.Not like LC hasn't won gold and not use to winning.I can go back to the 80's and not many teams would play them.Beat teams like S.Fulton 65-0 and Obion Cen about 65-13.Had to play a lot of Missouri and Ark. schools

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You are correct sir. 

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

I'm counting this year..lol.And yes,would mean getting by Hunt.But still.Not like LC hasn't won gold and not use to winning.I can go back to the 80's and not many teams would play them.Beat teams like S.Fulton 65-0 and Obion Cen about 65-13.Had to play a lot of Missouri and Ark. schools

You won’t have to play Huntingdung to get to the 4th rd. You wouldn’t have to play them until the 4th rd. 

6 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

If they go down to 5 classifications there is a good chance Peabody will go back to 1a. I know lake county will love that 

I would love that.Id rather play a tough team and lose than go watch LC beat Fulton Co by 60 points by half.LC has played UC for years,South Pittsburg,Alcoa in the playoffs.So bring on the Tide.

Edited by mrbigster

48 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You won’t have to play Huntingdung to get to the 4th rd. You wouldn’t have to play them until the 4th rd. 

If my math is correct 2019 will be the 60th straight year Huntingdon and Milan have tied up. With playoff games included I think we've played 67 games in 60 years. Been a big part of my life. I've seen so many great games over the years. Over time this has to be one of the top rivalries in the state. Got a lot of respect for the dogs. Always the best atmosphere of the season. I sure do love beating you guys!