1A All-State

cherokee23

Here is a question for debate. I think everyone will agree that Whitwell, Cornersville, Greenback and Huntingdung were probably the 4 best teams in 1A and very close together in ability. However there was a big difference in number of kids selected all state. Whitwell and Greenback with 6 and Huntingdung with only 1. Wonder why that is??

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Here is a question for debate. I think everyone will agree that Whitwell, Cornersville, Greenback and Huntingdung were probably the 4 best teams in 1A and very close together in ability. However there was a big difference in number of kids selected all state. Whitwell and Greenback with 6 and Huntingdung with only 1. Wonder why that is??

I would have to say SP and Lake County were also in that top group. The difference in them and the group of Whitwell, Greenback, and Cornersville was large, dominant senior classes. Huntingdon got 1 chosen and SP got 2 chosen. I believe it’s because they were both eliminated in the quarterfinals. Usually, the team in the semifinals and beyond receive the largest bulk of the picks and that held true again. 

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I would have to say SP and Lake County were also in that top group. The difference in them and the group of Whitwell, Greenback, and Cornersville was large, dominant senior classes. Huntingdon got 1 chosen and SP got 2 chosen. I believe it’s because they were both eliminated in the quarterfinals. Usually, the team in the semifinals and beyond receive the largest bulk of the picks and that held true again. 

I agree as well on the top 5-6 all could have won state 

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

2013 GB was a quarter team and had 5.Your assessment holds no water.:popcorneater:

I already told you a West Tn sportswriter whom i was introduced to in 2016 in Cookeville told me that the awards are for regular season no matter when they meet to vote.

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

2013 GB was a quarter team and had 5.Your assessment holds no water.:popcorneater:

I already told you a West Tn sportswriter whom i was introduced to in 2016 in Cookeville told me that the awards are for regular season no matter when they meet to vote.

Ok, I didn’t remember you telling me that one. Was that before or after all of those adult beverages we had with Roy and GbNation in Cookeville in 2017?

23 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

He’s probably a pretty good player. I’m just saying Stewart for SP was likely the best lineman on the field during our two games. It is ashame he didn’t make the list. And yes... it’s crazy that Wingo didn’t make the team as well. 

Stewart  deserved to be on there as well. He is a very very good player.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

If yahoo is an adult beverage then we are guilty if not he is fibbing!:-D

The yahoo was spiked with “Red Bull” and that “Horny Goat” stuff. Then you boys went and kidnapped Roy and promptly treated him like Ned Beatty. I guess it all adds up. Whoever spiked the Yahoo drinks is responsible for Roy’s disappearance last year.