• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

FBfan26

We need SHOT CLOCKS asap!

I can't take it anymore. Tssaa need to adopt the shot clock. I literally seen a team hold the ball for 3:16 sec just to go in the locker room down by 2. 

Play defense and it won't be a problem. MLK was notorious under Doc Shelton to play 4 corners and teams would let them.

Who is going to pay for all the shot clocks around the state?? They are not cheap.

• Upvote 1

Holding the ball is a strategy. Defense has to adjust.  Also gives the underdog a chance.   No shot clock in high school plus they are right cost would be great 

7 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I can't take it anymore. Tssaa need to adopt the shot clock. I literally seen a team hold the ball for 3:16 sec just to go in the locker room down by 2. 

Come out and play man-to-man instead of standing there in the paint if you want the ball back.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:18 AM, FBfan26 said:

Defense needs to force the action. No to shot clock.

I have mixed emotions on this: I want it, because I think teams need to play at a fast, controlled tempo on occasions, BUT at the same time, the smaller schools with no depth wouldn't have a chance anymore. Pros and cons to it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dmm88 said:

I have mixed emotions on this: I want it, because I think teams need to play at a fast, controlled tempo on occasions, BUT at the same time, the smaller schools with no depth wouldn't have a chance anymore. Pros and cons to it.

You want high school teams to play faster than they already do?

You're right about the small schools suffering. Places in rural Tennessee where basketball isn't important will see a major decline in basketball quality. Think about that. Places like Gleason, Greenfield, Scott's Hill, Bruceton etc... (top of my head nobody take offense please)  will be forced to take more shots per game. 

High school sports are so much more than entertainment. If you want entertainment then watch college and pro. Don't force something on high school kids that will make the quality of the game suffer more than it already does.

On 2/9/2019 at 11:54 AM, uknoit2 said:

Bigger question: WHO you gonna trust to operate it??

EXACTLY! whos gonna pay for em and whos gonna run em? I see it at least every other game, the parent who is running the clock for free admission and a hot dog screws something up on accident and the refs spend 10 minutes fixing it. Also can you imagine the uproar about the ball touching the rim and no reset or vice versa! I wouldnt want to be the person doing that job!

• Upvote 1