Never too early...AA Predictions 2019-2020

MCFAN3

1 hour ago, Americal198 said:

I wasn't surprised by the South Greene loss. I'm not worried about it, either. Oak Ridge has always been tough. They'll win a lot of games this season. South Greene is young and somewhat inexperienced. They start three juniors and two sophomores. Morristown West beat South Greene three times in 2015 and Oak Ridge beat them in the Ladies Classic the following year. All that proves is that even though SG has trouble against AAA schools, they were still capable of going on to win two Class A state titles those two years. I'm not forecasting the same success for SG this season, but I believe by tournament time, they'll be much improved.

S Greene if they can't beat or at least compete with Oak Ridge they can't be considered AA contenders at this time will need to improve drastically to be in the conversation. 

On 11/26/2019 at 9:51 PM, Dadof2 said:

I don’t know, looks like they struggled with a way down McMinn Central tonight, and South Greene got beat by Oak Ridge tonight by 20, I was surprised by that to.

Grainger vs. GP looked like a good one last night.  MCentral went toe to toe with GP, if they would have hit their foul shots could have easily won that game.  Girls are coming together after a horrible first two game start.  I would love to play Silverdale again.  We probably shot 15% that game as well as Midway.  Seemed like nerves.  Anyway, as I stated, it seems Polk Co. is much improved, Meigs is the team to beat, and MCentral, if playing to potential is a solid young team.

33 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Grainger vs. GP looked like a good one last night.  MCentral went toe to toe with GP, if they would have hit their foul shots could have easily won that game.  Girls are coming together after a horrible first two game start.  I would love to play Silverdale again.  We probably shot 15% that game as well as Midway.  Seemed like nerves.  Anyway, as I stated, it seems Polk Co. is much improved, Meigs is the team to beat, and MCentral, if playing to potential is a solid young team.

I said Central would get better as the season went, they may be down a little because of youth, but Morgan is a good coach and he knows how to develop players and put them in the right places to succeed. Meigs should have won two of the three games they lost, they led by double digits in those two games, in those two games IMO the coach didn’t use the bench enough and in the 4th the starters were dead. Farragut was just better 

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

I said Central would get better as the season went, they may be down a little because of youth, but Morgan is a good coach and he knows how to develop players and put them in the right places to succeed. Meigs should have won two of the three games they lost, they led by double digits in those two games, in those two games IMO the coach didn’t use the bench enough and in the 4th the starters were dead. Farragut was just better 

Guess you can say , you don't like Meigs coaching. I think state champ will come.from Middle Tn or West Tn. I am studyin up on Grainger,though.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Does anyone know the Seq. vs. Polk score?  

Meigs had tough competition in their first games.  Sometimes it takes time to work out some things.  I am of course biased being a Central guy, but I am for one proud of the effort of these young Chargerettes.  As for Meigs, I imagine that by the end of the season they will be ready for a tournament run.  

15 minutes ago, repoman said:

Guess you can say , you don't like Meigs coaching. I think state champ will come.from Middle Tn or West Tn. I am studyin up on Grainger,though.

Grainger will be the team to beat in Upper East Tennessee. They beat a good Northview team in the sectionals, before losing by 8 pts to Cheatham County in the first round of the state tourney last year. I saw them play twice last year. They have size and should match up well with anyone.

1 minute ago, Americal198 said:

Grainger will be the team to beat in Upper East Tennessee. They beat a good Northview team in the sectionals, before losing by 8 pts to Cheatham County in the first round of the state tourney last year. I saw them play twice last year. They have size and should match up well with anyone.

The crazy thing about basketball and why it is a tougher predictor of outcome is match ups.  Grainger does seem to be the front runner.  Meigs is really good too but still relatively young.  District play coming soon, so hoping things become more clear.

18 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

The crazy thing about basketball and why it is a tougher predictor of outcome is match ups.  Grainger does seem to be the front runner.  Meigs is really good too but still relatively young.  District play coming soon, so hoping things become more clear.

Meigs has tougher road they have 8AA middle tn sectionals to go thru,Grainger will have a somewhat easier path to glass house. At the Glass house draw and match ups become huge unless just way better than everyone.

Grainger should make it this year, after seeing some teams play and seeing some scores, I believe 2A in upper east TN is a little down this. The only teams that can challenge them are, NV or SG. 
Meigs plays SG in a couple weeks, we will see how it goes.

I will say watch out for Alcoa this year.

1 hour ago, repoman said:

Meigs has tougher road they have 8AA middle tn sectionals to go thru,Grainger will have a somewhat easier path to glass house. At the Glass house draw and match ups become huge unless just way better than everyone.

Looks like it’s a two team race this year In 8AA.