Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

Gleason has as good of a chance as us to be in Murfreesboro. They're a good team as is, and playing without half of their team right now. The region semifinal game against Gleason, or Dresden, will be a dogfight. I know Wilkins will get this team rolling when it matters most.

As far as the polls go, you usually don't go up in the polls when you get beat.....

The quarter final game will be a war. The regular season in the Greenfield District means a ton. Seeding based off of regular season games means a ton. Will be interesting to see who finishes 2, 3 and 4 in the regular season. I think they are all tough. Last two games have been half court basketball games for GC. That is typically the type of game you will see vs Gleason. I think personally GC has to play faster. This slow down stuff got us beat last year. I think you have to speed up the game to create space.  I do think we are better in half court at it this year than last year because of our posts but we have to have more sets and plays and run more screens to win and definitely have to rebound better and handle the ball better. I do think Coach Wilkins will figure it out but he will have to get more creative in half court sets, IMO. Will be interesting moving forward. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

The quarter final game will be a war. The regular season in the Greenfield District means a ton. Seeding based off of regular season games means a ton. Will be interesting to see who finishes 2, 3 and 4 in the regular season. I think they are all tough. Last two games have been half court basketball games for GC. That is typically the type of game you will see vs Gleason. I think personally GC has to play faster. This slow down stuff got us beat last year. I think you have to speed up the game to create space.  I do think we are better in half court at it this year than last year because of our posts but we have to have more sets and plays and run more screens to win and definitely have to rebound better and handle the ball better. I do think Coach Wilkins will figure it out but he will have to get more creative in half court sets, IMO. Will be interesting moving forward. 

I think we need to play faster also, but we also have players taking on a more meaningful role than they had last year with all of the seniors that we had then. I think we will be fine, but it can be rough to watch at times right now...

22 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I think we need to play faster also, but we also have players taking on a more meaningful role than they had last year with all of the seniors that we had then. I think we will be fine, but it can be rough to watch at times right now...

Most definitely. I think we are going to lose some more just because of the brutal schedule. Hope not but likely. Our players have to step up and I think they will. We missed 9 FT's last night as well. Don't know that we we missed 9 during the state, sub-state and Region last year together.

43 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Gibson County at home in the region gives them the edge over Gleason or Dresden. 

Will be good to be home but the quarter final game may be as hard as the semi game. Last two years we had Union City first round. You guys might push them around a little but I think Dresden and Gleason both will have their hands full with them.

14 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Good chance???? I like GC's chances of going to MBoro but I wouldn't say a good chance for anyone other than Greenfield right now. GC has the toughest schedule in the state in November and December. Just split with Westview and Dyersburg. I don't call that a bad thing. You guys got beat by South Side twice last year and Arlington. I know all these circus polls will penalize GC for losing to teams like South Side, Dyersburg, Arlington, Covington, Westview and play a couple of them twice but we will see what happens in February. Region is in GC so Gleason or Dresden or UC or Greenfield will have to earn it. 

As I read all Your post you sure seem very concerned about greenfield.  Who even mentioned games lost last year?  Last year is the past   This post is about 2019/2020 season.

Edited by Youknowitstru88

1 hour ago, Youknowitstru88 said:

As I read all Your post you sure seem very concerned about greenfield.  Who even mentioned games lost last year?  Last year is the past   This post is about 2019/2020 season.

Not concerned about Greenfield at all. I sleep wonderful!! Just stating that the only team in West TN in Single A that looks like a certain tournament team right now is Greenfield. The post your talking about is basically a shot at GC indirectly after a loss to a good AA team.