Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

2 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

We begin to vote in the AP poll after 1st of year.

2 hours ago, maddams said:

Just my thoughts based on the games and scores I've seen.  I've seen most of the teams except the ones in East TN.  Lownsdale's weekly coaches poll is out today at thetnreport.com - it will be more accurate than the AP polls

Thanks. No big deal. Good info. Looks like the Singla A state tournament will be another war this year. North Green and Pickett County doing well.

Saw a great game lastnight between Huntingdon and Gleason. Huntingdon won on a last second shot in OT. Both teams played hard, a tournament like atmosphere. Huntingdon is very good on the offensive boards. Gleason’s young group is very scrappy. When they get Atkins and Anderson back they are going to be hard to handle. 

6 minutes ago, hoopfever said:

Saw a great game lastnight between Huntingdon and Gleason. Huntingdon won on a last second shot in OT. Both teams played hard, a tournament like atmosphere. Huntingdon is very good on the offensive boards. Gleason’s young group is very scrappy. When they get Atkins and Anderson back they are going to be hard to handle. 

Yeah I think West TN has picked up on Gleason playing tough without some good players. I think Dresden, Union City and Gleason will have some wars. That district is some kind of tough.

10 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Gleason is one of top teams in the state. Good chance of going to Murfreesboro. Dresden and Union City can beat anybody. Toughest district in the state. 

Good chance???? I like GC's chances of going to MBoro but I wouldn't say a good chance for anyone other than Greenfield right now. GC has the toughest schedule in the state in November and December. Just split with Westview and Dyersburg. I don't call that a bad thing. You guys got beat by South Side twice last year and Arlington. I know all these circus polls will penalize GC for losing to teams like South Side, Dyersburg, Arlington, Covington, Westview and play a couple of them twice but we will see what happens in February. Region is in GC so Gleason or Dresden or UC or Greenfield will have to earn it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Good chance???? I like GC's chances of going to MBoro but I wouldn't say a good chance for anyone other than Greenfield right now. GC has the toughest schedule in the state in November and December. Just split with Westview and Dyersburg. I don't call that a bad thing. You guys got beat by South Side twice last year and Arlington. I know all these circus polls will penalize GC for losing to teams like South Side, Dyersburg, Arlington, Covington, Westview and play a couple of them twice but we will see what happens in February. Region is in GC so Gleason or Dresden or UC or Greenfield will have to earn it. 

We've got a long ways to go until we get to the state tournament.... we looked really good against Westview, really bad against Dyersburg... a lot of inconsistency with our team this year. We have a team capable of getting to Murfreesboro with plenty of talent, but we better pick it up.... a lot!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

We've got a long ways to go until we get to the state tournament.... we looked really good against Westview, really bad against Dyersburg... a lot of inconsistency with our team this year. We have a team capable of getting to Murfreesboro with plenty of talent, but we better pick it up.... a lot!

I agree with you we definitely have to play better. Just saying people like to take shots at GC and drop GC in polls for losing to Westview's, Dyersburg's, South Side's, Covington's, and Arlington's but hadn't seen anyone beating these guys either or for that fact playing them. Gleason lost to Covington by double digits last week and Greenfield Fan says they are "one of the top teams in the state and have a good chance of making it to Murfreesboro." Really??? Dyersburg is a very talented team and is very big. They beat us last year. Greenfield lost twice to South Side and once to Arlington last year. 

6 hours ago, hoopfever said:

Always a tough task to win at Gleason. Fillies starting to play with some confidence. Swenson is so quick you can't beat her to the ball. Sure got my money's worth. Two OT's with the game winning shot at the buzzer. All Huntingdon fans thought it was good. All Gleason fans thought it was late. Exciting game!

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree with you we definitely have to play better. Just saying people like to take shots at GC and drop GC in polls for losing to Westview's, Dyersburg's, South Side's, Covington's, and Arlington's but hadn't seen anyone beating these guys either or for that fact playing them. Gleason lost to Covington by double digits last week and Greenfield Fan says they are "one of the top teams in the state and have a good chance of making it to Murfreesboro." Really??? Dyersburg is a very talented team and is very big. They beat us last year. Greenfield lost twice to South Side and once to Arlington last year. 

Gleason has as good of a chance as us to be in Murfreesboro. They're a good team as is, and playing without half of their team right now. The region semifinal game against Gleason, or Dresden, will be a dogfight. I know Wilkins will get this team rolling when it matters most.

As far as the polls go, you usually don't go up in the polls when you get beat.....

Edited by GCPioneer