Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

41 minutes ago, hoopfever said:

Just watched Gleason beat top 10 UnionCity tonight by 10. They led the whole game. Gleason and Dresden are the most dangerous unranked single A teams in the state. 

I see Gleason being 4 seed and that isn’t good and they have to beat Bradford to do that. Playing Greenfield in the first round and they aren’t beating Greenfield. They are a good team but you need to be 2 or 3 seed, IMO. Winner of that can dodge Greenfield. Gleason will be playing in consolation almost guaranteed and if they win they will be in Greenfield bracket again in Region. Consolation game might be very interesting.

11 hours ago, hoopfever said:

Just watched Gleason beat top 10 UnionCity tonight by 10. They led the whole game. Gleason and Dresden are the most dangerous unranked single A teams in the state. 

Have seen Dresden and Gleason play this week. Both teams playing their best ball of the year as tournament time approaches. Both are gonna be tough outs. Childress kid from Dresden really dominated the game with West Carroll. She's an outstanding player.

5 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Have seen Dresden and Gleason play this week. Both teams playing their best ball of the year as tournament time approaches. Both are gonna be tough outs. Childress kid from Dresden really dominated the game with West Carroll. She's an outstanding player.

Dresden and Gleason both have really good programs. Dresden has a freshman that plays like an upper class men She is number 5 I believe!! Looks like she could be a big time player if she continues to improve.

28 minutes ago, gogold said:

Anyone see any upsets in district games in you area ?

I could see Dresden beating Union City. Don’t expect it, but Bradford could beat Gleason. Have beat them once this year. Never know about the rest. I could see West Carrol beating McKenzie as well in Huntington’s district.

Edited by pioneer42

South Greene visited North Greene tonight. Brooklyn Anderson, for North Greene, was almost unstoppable with 23 points. I knew she was going to get her points, but the unofficial total is that she had 29 rebounds! This seems like an over-estimate, but she sure did have a great game under the basket. North Greene missed a whole lot of threes, making only two.

Anderson was in foul trouble for much of the game—which makes her performance even more remarkable, since she spent a lot of time on the bench. Haleigh Bernard fouled out with plenty of time left. This hurt NG at the end of the game.

South Greene played a very good pressing defense and scored several layups on steals. SG did get rebounds when they needed them. The key was SG making their free throws at the end of the game. 

It was a great game to watch and I expect both teams to do well in their respective district tournaments.

Edited by Americal198

On 2/1/2020 at 8:04 PM, iswhatitis said:

Interested to see what happens in Summertown/Loretto rematch.... Schedule shows Tuesday night in Loretto. Game doesn’t mean much, but should be a WAR!! Both are good teams, but not at Greenfield level yet. IMO. Hope to travel east again Tuesday to see what the Barn atmosphere is all about. I definitely enjoyed game 1 at the EAGLE NEST!!

Did you make the trip? If so, what was your opinion on the atmosphere and teams?

On 2/16/2020 at 5:52 PM, Uknow said:

Did you make the trip? If so, what was your opinion on the atmosphere and teams?

The teams were great but the atmosphere in the dang barn stinks....lol

I don't care who u are or who u support there isn't a better HS basketball rivalry in 2 gyms that'll hold a candle to S-town and Loretto!   Period! 

2 hours ago, Brazier said:

I don't care who u are or who u support there isn't a better HS basketball rivalry in 2 gyms that'll hold a candle to S-town and Loretto!   

Agreed... 

That's 2 games I try to never miss.  Special atmosphere always, and both should wreak havoc come tournament time!

17 hours ago, Brazier said:

I don't care who u are or who u support there isn't a better HS basketball rivalry in 2 gyms that'll hold a candle to S-town and Loretto!   Period! 

I don’t know. Bradford and Gleason played each other last night and they may disagree. These two have been after it for a long time. Summertown and Loretto I know is great too. Whoever wins the District Title I believe will have one foot in the glass house with the others behind them.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Upvote 1

On 2/16/2020 at 5:52 PM, Uknow said:

Yes I did! Enjoyed a great atmosphere. Great to watch a great rivalry game with no drama. I was impressed to say the least!! Loretto has a great fan base and they show up. I was impressed with how Summertown fan base traveled. Both Summertown teams appear to be a little behind Loretto right now, but it’s TOURNAMENT TIME!! Best of luck to both teams!!