Preseason Top Ten!

8 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Back to the top 10.

I've got Peabody at #1 in 2A and I've got Greenback #1 in 1A.

I believe Meigs County could make a run towards Cookeville in 2A.  With Trousdale and Tyner nipping at their heels.

On the western front it's Peabody's to lose. 

Union City returns 15 starters with 7 on offense 8 defense.

Adamsville is returning 16.  8 on each side of the ball.  

Fairly is returning 16 starters.  6 on the offensive side and 10 on defense. 

In 1A it will come down to SP @ Greenback and Lake County @ Huntingdon.

Lake County has a better shot against Huntingdon than SP will have against Greenback. But we will have a shot and that is about all you can ask for.

Some of my games to keep an eye on are Peabody vs Milan and Peabody against their region 7 opponents. (Adamsville, Gibson County, Halls 20 returning starters, McKenzie and Union City. 

Games on the eastern front from just glancing, Greenback at Meigs County and Meigs County at South Pittsburg. 

I will unleash my top 10 in each class of 1A and 2A after my annual July 4th cookout and the watermelon crawl event. 

Roy might even show up to defend his cornhole championship title. 

Good thread ST. I hope your right about Meigs. I know that the team knows this is our last best chance for awhile I'd imagine. Its make or break time this year.

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Bigger and stronger i agree and faster in 17.In 16 SP was much faster overall but we were more physical and bigger, i have to agree with the other poster we had a better game plan and we stuck with it.16 you all were running like crazy i remember our coaches telling our boys to be patient and we would get use to their speed and we did and we just started hammering away.In 17 Raulston was a man!I still think if that kid had the ball all night you had a better chance of beating us.That was a slobber knocker!JMO.I also think he was talking about this off season,you keep referring to high profile athletes this year  Brayden is the only high profile one i know of also,the others are just role players as of now..

I know SP had had one really fast kid in 2016. The Lilly kid could fly at about 150 pounds, but you had full grown MEN who were fast. Silvey, Willis, Kirkpatrick, Roberts, Gilbert as a sophomore. Outside of that our RB ran a 4.8 (Pryor). I just don’t see SP being faster overall even in 2016. I didn’t see it then and I still don’t now. In 2016 I don’t remember SP changing the game plan to be honest. We were up by two scores. Greenback pulled the trick play out to pull within a score and SP never recovered. I remember later in the game once we got behind it changed. Just my opinion though.

21 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Back to the top 10.

I've got Peabody at #1 in 2A and I've got Greenback #1 in 1A.

I believe Meigs County could make a run towards Cookeville in 2A.  With Trousdale and Tyner nipping at their heels.

On the western front it's Peabody's to lose. 

Union City returns 15 starters with 7 on offense 8 defense.

Adamsville is returning 16.  8 on each side of the ball.  

Fairly is returning 16 starters.  6 on the offensive side and 10 on defense. 

In 1A it will come down to SP @ Greenback and Lake County @ Huntingdon.

Lake County has a better shot against Huntingdon than SP will have against Greenback. But we will have a shot and that is about all you can ask for.

Some of my games to keep an eye on are Peabody vs Milan and Peabody against their region 7 opponents. (Adamsville, Gibson County, Halls 20 returning starters, McKenzie and Union City. 

Games on the eastern front from just glancing, Greenback at Meigs County and Meigs County at South Pittsburg. 

I will unleash my top 10 in each class of 1A and 2A after my annual July 4th cookout and the watermelon crawl event. 

Roy might even show up to defend his cornhole championship title. 

Very good assessment. I agree with you wholeheartedly. This is good work. I admit in December I would have put SP squarely in the drivers seat in the east, but things changed quickly. I think SP is the only team in the east with a chance of a close game with Greenback much less beating them. SP will at the least play them a good game and I guess that’s all you can ask for because we would have a chance against them while others simply will not. 

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

4 posts since November huh. Your a special kind of troll I see. Listen bub....  if I want to tell someone not to use bad language on these boards cause it’s against the rules I will. If I want to post on the 1A board I will. Heck if I want to come over to your momma’s house (cause keyboard warriors like you still live in the basement) and post in the front yard I will. I’ll do what I want when I want and there’s nothing YOU’RE gonna do about it. Now think long and hard before you come back with post 5 mox so maybe it’ll actually be good. Chump.....

Call me a troll. Make fun of me by saying I live in my Mom’s basement. Call me stupid... You did all of those things but get on a high horse about profanity. Seems a little disingenuous. 

Im not a troll. I read these threads daily but became irritated when you went on and on and on about some *****. Get over it. If you’ll talk football, I’ll continue reading and not posting. If you want to continue to play your more holy-than-thou card while hurling insults at strangers, I’ll continue “trolling” to let you know you’re a hypocrite.

39 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Good thread ST. I hope your right about Meigs. I know that the team knows this is our last best chance for awhile I'd imagine. Its make or break time this year.

I'm glad we have yall on the schedule Yeti.  It will certainly help us in playing yall to help us prepare for the onslaught that Greedback will be more than capable of dishing out.

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

I'm glad we have yall on the schedule Yeti.  It will certainly help us in playing yall to help us prepare for the onslaught that Greedback will be more than capable of dishing out.

Yeah, and rightfully so playing you will help us get ready for the playoffs. I got a feeling were gonna have to dig deep to pull anything out against South Pitt and Greenback this year. I look forward to it though. Offensively we will score points I believe, defensively can we stop you enough to pull it out I'm not sure. Will be exciting and a new place to watch a game as I've never been to that field.

10 minutes ago, JohnnyMoxon said:

Call me a troll. Make fun of me by saying I live in my Mom’s basement. Call me stupid... You did all of those things but get on a high horse about profanity. Seems a little disingenuous. 

Im not a troll. I read these threads daily but became irritated when you went on and on and on about some *****. Get over it. If you’ll talk football, I’ll continue reading and not posting. If you want to continue to play your more holy-than-thou card while hurling insults at strangers, I’ll continue “trolling” to let you know you’re a hypocrite.

Ok.  Let's add to the discussion now.   Points made from both sides.  

What team do you follow if I may ask? 

14 minutes ago, JohnnyMoxon said:

I’ll say what I want when I want. I’m only a hypocrite if I used profanity on this board and I don’t. Pull up one post where I have. The person who I was speaking to ( who wasn’t you by the way) did break the rules. If you would bother to read them then you would know that. So if you want to say I am “holier than thou” and whatever else you want to cry about so be it. But I won’t support profanity, the rules say it can’t be used and if you don’t like it take it up with coach t. (You know the man whose website your on). 

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeah, and rightfully so playing you will help us get ready for the playoffs. I got a feeling were gonna have to dig deep to pull anything out against South Pitt and Greenback this year. I look forward to it though. Offensively we will score points I believe, defensively can we stop you enough to pull it out I'm not sure. Will be exciting and a new place to watch a game as I've never been to that field.

I'm hoping our line play and linebackers will come around and be as good as the last couple years or so.  Those two areas are always my biggest concerns going in to a new season.

Of course we will have to have excellent DB play this year to hopefully make a run.

Last year our DB play was the thorn in our side. 

6 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Ok.  Let's add to the discussion now.   Points made from both sides.  

What team do you follow if I may ask? 

No points were made on his side.  I didn’t call him stupid. No where in my post did I say that. I did call him a troll cause he is. He is trolling a series of posts that doesn’t involve him and he came in running his pie hole. And he is wrong. I am trying to let it go ST but when these wanna be internet tough guys come in talking nine miles of nonsense I’m gonna respond. If they would know their role and mind their business it would have been done a long time ago. Notice the two people who were involved aren’t responding to each other anymore. 

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’ll say what I want when I want. I’m only a hypocrite if I used profanity on this board and I don’t. Pull up one post where I have. The person who I was speaking to ( who wasn’t you by the way) did break the rules. If you would bother to read them then you would know that. So if you want to say I am “holier than thou” and whatever else you want to cry about so be it. But I won’t support profanity, the rules say it can’t be used and if you don’t like it take it up with coach t. (You know the man whose website your on). 

You are correct.   Let's let it go.  Talk about Peabooty or Huntingdung. :)