District 5AAA 2019-2020

FootballFan51

18 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I have thought all along it is Bradley or set out based on what has been said on this board when the dust settled. TSSAA may know now it is a basketball move and they may not be elgible for a bonafide move this season.

Well the rules are there for a reason.  Its pretty black and white.  A court ordered change of guardian not a voluntary court approved change of guardian.  And the former school principal has to verify this is not a discipline or athletics transfer.   They also throw in the 3 day rule in case the kid changes their mind.    So based on my read of the rules she should be able to come back without issue as long as the team an coach will take her back.   If this is all Mr Dad then most likely they will take her back with no issues.   But we only have bits and pieces of the story.  I am sure it is much more complicated than this.  Either way I wish the best for her and her family.

On 1/22/2020 at 10:24 PM, TigerGoat said:

I hope my Lady Tigers can give the Bearettes a decent game!! Looking forward to watching the reigning state champs. 

That they did. Bradley let meogs come back onthe 4th. Lookong forward to senior night at the jim that night to see if bradley can hold them off a second time. Looking like it could be bradley and blackman again in sectional.  bradley can get a rematch with them to avenge for their earlier loss

7 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Well the rules are there for a reason.  Its pretty black and white.  A court ordered change of guardian not a voluntary court approved change of guardian.  And the former school principal has to verify this is not a discipline or athletics transfer.   They also throw in the 3 day rule in case the kid changes their mind.    So based on my read of the rules she should be able to come back without issue as long as the team an coach will take her back.   If this is all Mr Dad then most likely they will take her back with no issues.   But we only have bits and pieces of the story.  I am sure it is much more complicated than this.  Either way I wish the best for her and her family.

I just hate to see a kid get their career messed up based on an emotional decision. By laws are very clear. Hope she gets it all worked out with Bradley and continues playing. Great player and definitely was a big spark in the state last year.

Edited by pioneer42

7 minutes ago, StateChampDad said:

She’s family.  I continue to hope/pray that the differences are worked out and the team can heal.  I keep saying it’s bigger than ball.  Lots of kids are missing their homie.  

IF he does allow her back on the team, one stipulation should be that her parents are not allowed at any game.  and if they walk in the gym- she has to sit the bench. 

On 1/26/2020 at 12:52 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

Just like Fayetteville,  Cleveland is too good to risk having games forfeited by playing ineligible players.  I am assuming it will be up to the AD to clear her with the TSSAA like at most schools.  I don’t think it’s a coaches decision at all.   With their current roster, they are set to finish top two in the district and and easy path to the regions.  IMO they won’t risk playing her until she is cleared.  

Clevelans wont get 2nd in district cause east hamilton will

On 1/24/2020 at 5:15 PM, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Got him a championship. Mark it down as a win.

No one ezpexted him to eon withoit howard either and we all see how that went. I hd no idea mer transferred. If my unserstandimg is correct she has ro either play for brsfley the rest of thos seaso or not play?. If she had a choice she would.play for bradley. But eith or without mer brsdley has the weapons to win another title. They have muhonen, Williams, and seversl girls that dont start to make up for it. Theu are the alabama of tennessee aaa basketball they jist reload. Reuter will figure it out and his girls will be ready when its crunch time

43 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Depends which school principal youre talking about. Bradley just got a new one before this season which is now who used to be the boys assistant basketball coach