1A Pre Season Allstate Team

TN225

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Just curious how many kids on your roster with D1 offers or looks?  I’m just kind of curious about the top 4 teams. I know Greenback has two kids with D1 offers, SP has zero D1 kids or offers. I was told the Tipton kid has an offer somewhere small maybe like Maryville? Curious about Huntingdon and Lake County. I think the perception at times is SP has D1 athletes, but I’ve not seen one since Johnson went to Murray State back 5-6 years ago. Just wondering where others stood athletically. 

Lake County has 2 with legitimate D1 offers. They also hold offers from most of the OVC schools. I think two others have a few d2 offers. I know Ensley from Huntingdon is going to play baseball at UT. I am sure they have a few kids with some type of college offers for sports. LC normally doesn't have that. In alot of ways LC is like So. Pitt they will send a few  to small schools some years. Very rarely does a kid from LC get d1 offers.

Edited by lakecounty1968

10 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Lake County has 2 with legitimate D1 offers. They also hold offers from most of the OVC schools. I think two others have a few d2 offers. I know Ensley from Huntingdon is going to play baseball at UT. I am sure they have a few kids with some type of college offers for sports. LC normally doesn't have that. In alot of ways LC is like So. Pitt they will send a few  to small schools some years. Very rarely does a kid from LC get d1 offers.

Rumor mill has MTSU offering Mustangs Ensley in football. We've got a good number of players capable of playing small college football but probably no other D1's unless the light comes on for one of our wr's who has the size and speed, finishing 3rd in the state track meet in 100 meters..

12 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Just curious how many kids on your roster with D1 offers or looks?  I’m just kind of curious about the top 4 teams. I know Greenback has two kids with D1 offers, SP has zero D1 kids or offers. I was told the Tipton kid has an offer somewhere small maybe like Maryville? Curious about Huntingdon and Lake County. I think the perception at times is SP has D1 athletes, but I’ve not seen one since Johnson went to Murray State back 5-6 years ago. Just wondering where others stood athletically. 

I was told Tipton, Gamble, Pitman, Mabry, and Nelson were being recruited by small colleges. We have 0 D1 guys right now.

5 minutes ago, powerp said:

I was told Tipton, Gamble, Pitman, Mabry, and Nelson were being recruited by small colleges. We have 0 D1 guys right now.

Small colleges, yes that’s what I figured. Any idea who exactly has an offer and from who? I haven’t heard of anything above a D3 level. Have you heard anything bigger?

Edited by TheAmbassador

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Small colleges, yes that’s what I figured. Any idea who exactly has an offer and from who? I haven’t heard of anything above a D3 level. Have you heard anything bigger?

Carson-Newman, Maryville, Cumberland, Centre, Bethel are the ones I've been told. Good for the young men if they want to play a few more years.

22 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I agree there is nothing wrong with playing collegiately if the chance is given. 

That's the ultimate goal really. The wins is what everyone sees and bases the success of a coach on but getting a kid the chance to play next level whether its D1, D2 or D3 is what it's really all about. That's one thing I will praise Coach Mathis for. He's tirelessly putting video together for kids and getting into schools hands. We've had 2 or 3 go every year since he's been here. It may be a small school or a school like Saylors at ETSU but it's a chance to further an education for a young man. He's a huge reason Kennemore is at Berry. Also the Cumberland camp we had here a few weeks ago I was told an sp player got an offer. Not sure who it was or if it's true. Nelson was getting looks after his sophomore year here so he should go somewhere if he stays healthy. 

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Rumor mill has MTSU offering Mustangs Ensley in football. We've got a good number of players capable of playing small college football but probably no other D1's unless the light comes on for one of our wr's who has the size and speed, finishing 3rd in the state track meet in 100 meters.

Would take more to pull me away from UT baseball though.