4 seeds should be Wildcards.

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

It's hard enough trying to fill a 10 game schedule.   If the Wildcard enters back into the format then most teams will try and find easy wins.  We don't need that in our system.  

I agree with this. The current system isn't perfect nor will there ever be a system that is perfect because someone will always "feel" their team deserves a playoff spot more than another team. Well wouldn't you say 90% of the time if you were to cut out seed 3 and 4 of every region the same team that would have won it in 5 games would also win it in 3?

21 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I didn’t admit anything. Just because a team a loses to a team doesn’t mean the team they got beat by was better than them. 

Not if you played 10 times maybe. Truth is both teams come to play to win. If you lose regardless of the reason that team was better that night. Both teams are there for the same reason. 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

Or the refs were horrible 

If a game is so close that a ref can decide who wins. Then most likely it be hard to say who would win any given night between teams that play with scores so close.

Nowadays social media keeps most of the cheaters at bay. Cell phones, cameras and what not are in everyone's hands nearly. The chain gain from South Greene comes to mind. Clearly a cheat happened. But i highly doubt they will ever get the chance to do it a second time.

Edited by Imthayeti

34 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

If a game is so close that a ref can decide who wins. Then most likely it be hard to say who would win any given night between teams that play with scores so close.

Nowadays social media keeps most of the cheaters at bay. Cell phones, cameras and what not are in everyone's hands nearly. The chain gain from South Greene comes to mind. Clearly a cheat happened. But i highly doubt they will ever get the chance to do it a second time.

I saw video of that pretty crazy.  Bad calls happen. We need replay they use it in other states. They could just use the college rules. A iPad on the sideline would solve a lot of it. Even if they didn’t use it during the regular season it should be used in the playoffs. 

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:54 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

What about the 2-8 Stratford team that made the semi in 3A last year only to lose in overtime??

Exception to the NORM!.   You'll see that a lot less than an 0-10 team or a 1-9 team getting creamed in the playoffs.   I like the idea and I think the benefit far outweighs the occasional situation you pointed out.   How often does a 4 seed advance to the semi's anyway??

Edited by FridayMainEvent

On 7/26/2019 at 9:53 AM, Appvol said:

I’m pretty sure you can divide the state into East and West. North Carolina does and sometimes a team has a long trip depending on how it gets divided.Its 4:45hrs from Roan Mtn to Nashville.It looks like most Nashville schools get put in the East. So how much traveling would a school really have to do.

So you trust the TSSAA to get it right. Do you remember the Z-Plan when they forgot about Sullivan South and added them at the last minute. They got an all expenses paid trip to Columbia in the first round. I don't like a system where the TSSAA has input on the picks. They can't even get their records on their website updated, even when the have a link that says if you see a problem email us and we will fix it. 

47 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Exception to the NORM!.   You'll see that a lot less than an 0-10 team or a 1-9 team getting creamed in the playoffs.   I like the idea and I think the benefit far outweighs the occasional situation you pointed out.   How often does a 4 seed advance to the semi's anyway??

Losses are earned normally. Be it skill, injuries, coaching, weather or whatever. The other team shows up to try and manage a win just like your team does. Going 2-8 is was a product of 8 teams playing better than you that night. They were fortunate to get another shot. The system in place really worked for them.

Edited by Imthayeti

49 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Losses are earned normally. Be it skill, injuries, coaching, weather or whatever. The other team shows up to try and manage a win just like your team does. Going 2-8 is was a product of 8 teams playing better than you that night. They were fortunate to get another shot. The system in place really worked for them.

I think they changed coaches in the middle of the season and then went on a winning streak