Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

• 1 month later...

Now that the season is over, I can state my opinion. I’m not trying to dish any other school and I’m not looking to debate this, this is just my final thoughts of the 2019-20 season.
I didn’t want to put added pressure on our girls back so I haven’t made these statements before. I have talked to a lot of college coaches, high school coaches and fans during the season and at Murfresboro so this is not just my opinion.
This Greenfield Lady Jacket team was the best team at the state tournament this year of all three classifications. They are the best team I have seen in my lifetime (I am 64) in west Tennessee. Three division 1 players to big time colleges on a Class A team just does not happen to a school the size of Greenfield. (We are one of the lowest enrollments in the state playing basketball)

This was our year and everybody that knows basketball knew it. It’s sad that we didn’t get to finish it but sometimes life throws you a curveball. You get up and make the best out of life. These girls took every challenge that was thrown at them this whole year. Most games were over at the end of the first quarter and with good teams by halftime.

Thank you Coach T and our fellow coaches for a great year. Thank you to the Senior class for setting the bar high and giving us fans the ride of a lifetime. Thank you Chloe Moore and Tess Darby for doing something that’s never been done before. Miss Basketball finalist five times, Miss Basketball twice. We are pulling for you at UT Lady Vols and Indiana Lady Hoosiers. Make us proud because we will be following you every game.  God is good even in times like we have had the past two months. Let’s refocus as a country on God and make our nation a Christian nation once again.  

4F14E15F-E712-4769-A361-726120743E34.png

Edited by Greenfieldfan

3 hours ago, BullShark said:

I saw them play 7-8 times this season.  Greenfield was hands down the best team!

They need to name champions based off records. I know it’ll make some people mad, but the Greenfield team is too good not to have a State trophy for this year and nobody’s argument will prove otherwise 

13 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

They need to name champions based off records. I know it’ll make some people mad, but the Greenfield team is too good not to have a State trophy for this year and nobody’s argument will prove otherwise 

Not ever going to happen. Clarkrange and Loretto dominated their games and the winner of that matchup would have given Greenfield all they could handle. Greenfield was impressive and I hate that they were not given a chance to win it on the floor but we don’t hand out state titles based on records. Greenfield was undoubtedly the favorite but that ship has sailed. Unfortunately for my good friend Coach White and his Macon County Tigerettes they won’t have a chance to win a title either.  He’s never won a state championship and there was no doubt he would have been favored to win it this year. It’s on to 2020-2021. Clarkrange Vs Loretto for the State Championship. 

55 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Don’t work like that brother!! Greenfield not the only team to get their heart broke. World don’t revolve around one team. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Not ever going to happen. Clarkrange and Loretto dominated their games and the winner of that matchup would have given Greenfield all they could handle. Greenfield was impressive and I hate that they were not given a chance to win it on the floor but we don’t hand out state titles based on records. Greenfield was undoubtedly the favorite but that ship has sailed. Unfortunately for my good friend Coach White and his Macon County Tigerettes they won’t have a chance to win a title either.  He’s never won a state championship and there was no doubt he would have been favored to win it this year. It’s on to 2020-2021. Clarkrange Vs Loretto for the State Championship. 

Gibson County would have played Loretto and Clarkrange was playing Greenfield. Never know what would have happend up there. Greenfield was favored but they could have went down. Crazy things happen up there some times. You guys better keep an eye on GIbson County next year. They will have one of the best PG’s in the state coming in. Clarkrange lives on scoring off of TO’s. You or nobody else will get them off of GC. We got a PG coming in that protects the ball just like Chloe Moore.

Edited by pioneer42