AP CLASS 1A POLL SEPT 2 2019

Southtowner

15 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

http://www.news-herald.net/sports/cherokees-set-sights-on-state-title/article_ab74c020-07e2-57e7-ae52-8275d166a0f0.html

Excerpt: 

Greg Ryan knew he had to fix his gaze on the 2019 season.

He admits it was not an easy task, especially knowing he would be losing 16 seniors — arguably the most successful senior class in school history...

...but then after about two weeks, you do start thinking about the next season and what you’ve got coming back. You’ve eventually got to move on to the next season.

When you lose 16 seniors ... sometimes you lose 16 seniors, that don’t sound like a lot, but all 16 seniors were major contributors,” he added. “Then, it’s basically just thinking about filling those holes and questioning, ‘What are we going to do?’”

Ryan’s questions were soon answered when Greenback received an influx of experienced players from several area high schools, including Maryville, William Blount and Tellico Plains.

“Honestly, it looked a little bit dim,” he said. “You get some of the guys that end up moving in here and transferring for us, and the outlook totally changed a few months later.”

Quarterback was one of the biggest questions coming into the season, following the graduation of Bryce Hanley, a two-time All-State quarterback and 2018 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Class 1A winner.

That question lingered into summer before Ryan received good news in June about adding Maryville High School transfer Braden Carnes.

William Blount transfer Wyatt Rutgerson has breakaway speed and Tellico Plains transfer Josiah Millsaps will be featured as a fullback due to his size.

The Cherokees received another William Blount transfer in Blake Fields, who will compliment Willis with his 6-foot-2-inch, 175-pound frame...

etc etc etc...

You poor,poor,poor sad people.3 weeks into the season and you cant just move on!LMBO.They are here they arent going anywhere barring injury.We all just have to play the game.We have lost our first 2 games so undountly its not as big a deal as you all have put on.I say this from private messages from posters from other programs from 1A to 6A you guys are losing alot of respect around the state because of your constant whining about this issue.Please lets play ball,talk about ball.Every thread South Pitt gets involved in turns to this.I know there are a number of Pitt fans that dont go on about it and i do exclude you all but these guys are representing you all.Well that's about it.SMH!!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You poor,poor,poor sad people.3 weeks into the season and you cant just move on!LMBO.They are here they arent going anywhere barring injury.We all just have to play the game.We have lost our first 2 games so undountly its not as big a deal as you all have put on.I say this from private messages from posters from other programs from 1A to 6A you guys are losing alot of respect around the state because of your constant whining about this issue.Please lets play ball,talk about ball.Every thread South Pitt gets involved in turns to this.I know there are a number of Pitt fans that dont go on about it and i do exclude you all but these guys are representing you all.Well that's about it.SMH!!

Ain't nothin' but an Alabama bus route kid. Shake it off :roflol:

51 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

It goes both ways . A lot of what we hear from GB fans is Alabama recruits.... a very worn out argument. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Great post!!

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I actually agreed with everything until the " losing respect part" that seems a little orchestrated to me.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Hey,  I just put the correct link out there along with an excerpt. The same as I did on the previous page of this thread.   You don't like it?  Bite me. :)

49 minutes ago, pegleg said:

It goes both ways . A lot of what we hear from GB fans is Alabama recruits.... a very worn out argument. 

Exactly my point with the bus route post I made. People been crying for years, I figure if there was any proof either was in the wrong it would've come out long ago. Without proof it's just whining. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Are you joking? I garuntee you just want to talk about something else so that Childress man wont be watching that Ryan man.  That Ryan man even said before the orchestration took place he didnt no what he was going to do.  All of a sudden the orchestrating commences and the void is filled.  Get out of here with your mess.  You think im joking but im not. 

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I wouldnt expect them to do anything other wise.Thats our goal every year just like YOUR coach said in his interview and he will be VERY surprised if he isnt there.27 to 29 kid rotation (per him) a veteran team thats ready (per him).We just hope to make the semis and try our luck against your 59 player roster thats as deep as a 3A school.Sheeeewww steep hills to climb from any team playing you all.

After some back tracking on several threads going back to 2018, Old Pirate says, theys things fellers knowds, like.... “IT’S COMING”. The Captain & mates been working a right smart amount of time fer that. Most fellers Don’t take kindly to other fellers taking short cuts when everyone..... knowds, “Ain’t No Chance This Side Of Orchestrating” Them fellers coaches knowds their shot fer a spell was left on that Whitwell Field. BTW, just who was going to replace Hanley on that 46 man roster in 2018? Gbnation always spews a HEEP of mess. Gbnation responded in the Transfer thread, “We had a young passer”.  Jest which one was this passer Gbnation was yapping about, #1 5-8 Sr, #8 6-1 Jr, or #13 Sophomore? Leastways,  he went from starter to 3rd string after the orchestration. Does he even now have a starting roll? The SP roster # appears to be a big deal this year, GB’s 46 man roster wasn’t ever mentioned when the Cherokees had 16 senior starters! Strange how the mess you GB fellers has been spewing is always a HEEP of mess. Figure that BustedCoverage feller was spot on with his post regarding GB studding. LOPAO

Edited by OLD PIRATE
Edit

2 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

After some back tracking on several threads going back to 2018, Old Pirate says, theys things fellers knowds, like.... “IT’S COMING”. The Captain & mates been working a right amount of time fer that. Most fellers Don’t take kindly to other fellers taking short cuts when everyone..... knowds, “Ain’t No Chance This Side Of Orchestrating” Them fellers coaches knowds their shot fer a spell was left on that Whitwell Field. BTW, just who was going to replace Hanley on that 46 man roster in 2018? Gbnation always spews a HEEP of mess. Gbnation responded in the Transfer thread, “We had a young passer”.  Jest which one was this passer Gbnation was yapping about, #1 5-8 Sr, #8 6-1 Jr, or #13 Sophomore? Leastways,  he went from starter to 3rd string after the orchestration. Does he even now have a starting roll? The SP roster # appears to be a big deal this year, GB’s 46 man roster wasn’t ever mentioned when the Cherokees had 16 senior starters! Strange how the mess you GB fellers has been spewing. Figure that BustedCoverage feller was spot on with his post regarding GB studding. LOPAO

Old pirate I garuntee that Ryan man said in my Murphy Fair book he didnt have a durn passer to replace that Hanley boy.  Gbnation, the skillet slinger, o&b man and helmet boy is a trying to get the bullseye off that Ryan mans back.  Wendy had a cousin up near Maryville and I garuntee theys some real mad people about this orchestrating mess.  You think im joking but im not. 

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Hey,  I just put the correct link out there along with an excerpt. The same as I did on the previous page of this thread.   You don't like it?  Bite me. :)

Old Pirate says GB fellers is butt hurt cause the orchestration is known by All now. They attempt to blame Old Pirate when the news paper in south Knoxville has it as their headliner. Not just 1 article but several referencing the transfers. Again, Ifin you don’t want the attention, Don’t orchestrate it”