2A polls 9-30-19

Yeti

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Hampton folks never wanna give HV credit for whatever reason. Not even taking 3 out of the last 4 has them convinced ..........

Give you all the credit in the world the other years you won, not this year. Hampton beat themselves plain and simple.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, pujo said:

I'll give you another one to chew on. SG had Cloudland down 21 to 16 at the half, Cloudland even had a good chance of leading . Hampton had them down 35 to zip.  At some point the evidence shows up.

Scores or previous games mean absolutely nothing when your playing your next opponent.   With rivalry games most of the time you can throw out all records on any given Friday night.  When the lights come on you never know who’s going to bring it.

So the jury’s out on SG; I’d say that’s a great thing.   This SG team & coaching staff knows that the only way their going to get the respect is to go out and take it.  They still have some things they must clean up on both sides of the ball and special teams, and they will get it done. I had an opportunity to watch the CD game and SG did  struggled some on defense, but it wasn’t because the team was not playing tough and physical; I think it was more of how the DC had them lined up and the scheme/game plan he was calling.  I don’t claim to know all the X’s and O’s or jimmies and joes, but I would think you have to put the right guys in and put them in the right positions to make the plays needed and that goes for both sides of the ball.  You gotta give credit to CD as well because they’d play extremely hard.  At this point In the season if your undefeated your going to have a target on your back.  CD had their eyes on that target and looked well prepared for the game, but they just didn’t have enough gas in the tank to stop SG, and you could tell that SG wasn’t going to be denied.  

I have had an opportunity to watch SG in person a few times and on film this season and you can see the fight in them.  You can tell they are hungry and determined by their style of play.  Their tough, physical and there’s  no quit in them.  A team that’s playing like that is dangerous and you better not overlook them.  I saw that same fight and determination in the 2010/2011 Greeneville team that won back to back state championships.  Again, SG still has some things they must clean up if they are going to compete with the likes of a Méigs or a Peabody, but I promise you they do have the guys/team that can do it this year if they put it all together when their time comes here in a couple of months.  

No one knows how it is going to play out, but that’s why the game is played and why we watch it.  I know one thing is for sure and that is I’m looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.  Good luck to all of your teams on an successful season and hope all stay injury free.  Don’t blink your eyes on this SG team because I believe their going to surprise a lot of folks/doubters.:thumb:.

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Like 1

Im just going to say that I am an old man. I believe in the old school way of doing things. Look, Summertown straight up went into Hohenwald and dropped Lewis County on their heads. They are both 5-1. Any poll that has Lewis County ahead of Summertown is not credible. Head to head results have always meant more than any computer program or strength of schedule stuff. I may be crazy, but thats just how I see things.

14 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Houston had 1 loss in 5 wins first part of their schedule last year then lost 3 of the remaining 4. This year they are a little better from what I can tell at least on paper. Also their schedule is alot easier toward the end of the season than it was last year. Waverly and Riverside are both down some from last year. This team although i dont think they are world beaters could actually go 8-2 or 10-0 just looking at their schedule. But i agree Vandy they are still probably a 11-15 ranked type of team type team not a top 10. They have had an easy schedule so far.

These last few games will challenge them up to the point of a loss maybe with Waverly and Riverside. Should be good games?

Screenshot_20190930-104308_Chrome.jpg

They won't end up too well for them

13 hours ago, pujo said:

Johnson County lost to Chucky 14 to 10, Hampton could have easily beat JC by 50. The game with HV was a fluke. GP is the real deal. Shame they have to deal with Alcoa.

Not sold on GP yet,First game of year with Hampton and you never know how the first game of the year will go sometimes and think Hampton would make a decent game if played now.Just going on comparable teams GP looks alot like OS.I have watched some GP footage they have some big boys but lack in alot of areas.Their schedule should give them a 1 loss record if they are as good as you think AE just is not real good this year and Kingston is way down again.OS whipped Kingston and beat Northview worse than GP.This is all i can go on till GP plays a good team and AE is the only thing close other than a mercy rule to Alcoa.JMO tho.