Glencliff reported to be ending football this season

nrgrizzlies

11 hours ago, wave88 said:

It’s my understanding that Glencliff has 6 or 7 different languages being spoken there.  So on the front of recruitment from Glencliff I can see that not being a huge factor.  If a kid living in that zone can play football he’s probably not going to be attending there.  

I didn’t mean to point fingers.  I’m really just trying to dial in to the contributing factors which lead to the heartbreaking decision to cancel the season and possibly the program.

6 or 7 languages will not get you down the  hall. They have interpreters  for that many. Try over 30. Overton as well.

The list of different languages spoken will boggle your mind.

• Like 1

So quite a few years ago in Texas a similar situation to this occurred where Urban Fort Worth Schools were tired of being in districts with Aledo (who beat a team 91-0) and Saginaw schools... etc... so the UIL made a 11 team district with only Fort Worth Schools and every game counted to playoff seeding. 

Why not make an 11 team region with only metro nashville schools? The worst 11. Let them play it out and 4 or so make the playoffs. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eers said:

Ok, I’ll be the one to say it. I wouldn’t want my kid playing at Glencliff or White’s Creek. My kidnwouldnt have to be recruited anywhere, I would seek out an alternative. I’m sure this is happening more than recruiting. We can talk all about the lessons learned through perseverance, but I would rather my kid continue to improve and have an opportunity to win. 

Call it whatever you want, but that’s the truth. 

I say put the Metro schools in one division. Metro has allowed kids to attend any school they want so they can make a competitive team somewhere in Metro. But, by doing this they have killed the teams that were average to begin with. Put them back to one region and make them fix the issue.

Just imagine what kind of football we could have if Sumner county did this... take all the best 8th grade football players in county and they all attend one high school. Yes we make a super team... and the rest get ignored and fail... same thing happening in Metro

12 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

They started out with 47 players, last week they had 26 and this week they are practicing with 17.   It has nothing to do with being blown out!  

A lot of the kids quitting does add some it. I've also heard some of the kids that can actually play transferred out after the first couple weeks.

Parents still need to worry about education.  Most metro schools are not ranked above average academically.  In fact, the only metro schools I’d consider my kids attending are Hume Fogg and MLK.  Both have to Co-op (MLK to Pearl Cohn, Hume Fogg to Hillwood- which is ridiculous considering the schools that you have to pass to get to practice...but that’s another story).

2 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

A lot of the kids quitting does add some it. I've also heard some of the kids that can actually play transferred out after the first couple weeks.

Apparently some came back to the team this morning.  Lots of injuries and they want to play with a running clock.  People saying they want to quit because of blowouts or name calling are just ignorant of the situation.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, werazzlin said:

I say put the Metro schools in one division. Metro has allowed kids to attend any school they want so they can make a competitive team somewhere in Metro. But, by doing this they have killed the teams that were average to begin with. Put them back to one region and make them fix the issue.

Just imagine what kind of football we could have if Sumner county did this... take all the best 8th grade football players in county and they all attend one high school. Yes we make a super team... and the rest get ignored and fail... same thing happening in Metro

So you put 14 schools in one division? Past 5 years you have about 7 or 8 of them metro teams who are legit in their classifications. Maplewood,Hillsboro,CaneRidge,Pearl Cohn,Stratford,East Nashville,Overton,Mcgavock. You know why Metro schools did that correct? You know why most big city schools do that correct? Nashville is changing and people are moving in and folks are moving out. Just like the old days when they closed North,Pearl,Cohn,Litton etc.