Ravenwood

Bearfire18

It is  a violation for ANYONE other than a registered student to participate in practice.

I can remember one  school losing all of spring practice for having a 21 year old in pads run the  ball against starting D to simulate a  good back. In that case nobody was hurt.

The concussion will cost the system a lot of $$$ which means coaches got to go.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, LoveForTheGame said:

The TSSAA announced today that no rule violations occurred. Hopefully this paved the way for this fake controversy to end and the coaches to resume their activities as soon as possible. 

Tell the player's family that. Fake Controversies don't get a coach suspended. Daniels might survive this but Fowler is non-faculty, I doubt he'll be back. This happened in mid-September it's just now coming out? Somebody tried to cover this up.

I'm not advocating for the removal of the HC, but having a grown, former NFL player participating in practice in any context lacks common sense. A coach's first duty is to protect his players

9 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Agreed.  Back in the day, while no helmet/pads were on, coaches frequently grabbed an arm pad and went against players...and we loved it!  But that was back in the day when smelling salt was preferred over concussion protocol....:roflolk:

True story...

14 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Tell the player's family that. Fake Controversies don't get a coach suspended. Daniels might survive this but Fowler is non-faculty, I doubt he'll be back. This happened in mid-September it's just now coming out? Somebody tried to cover this up.

I'm not advocating for the removal of the HC, but having a grown, former NFL player participating in practice in any context lacks common sense. A coach's first duty is to protect his players

Cover-up. Ravenwood just keeps getting by with the TSSAA .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

It is  a violation for ANYONE other than a registered student to participate in practice.

I can remember one  school losing all of spring practice for having a 21 year old in pads run the  ball against starting D to simulate a  good back. In that case nobody was hurt.

The concussion will cost the system a lot of $$$ which means coaches got to go.

Chump change...Somebody is probably already paying for it. You know county is full of LLOOONNNGGGGGGGG old money.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/4/2019 at 4:20 PM, LoveForTheGame said:

The TSSAA announced today that no rule violations occurred. Hopefully this paved the way for this fake controversy to end and the coaches to resume their activities as soon as possible. 

I'll bet the TSSAA would have called it a "rule violation" had it occurred in Grundy County.  

It is 100% a "rule violation" for ANYONE other than a registered student to participate in practice.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Hadmatter said:

Just like a father lost his job.got another & had to move.sorry kid.gotta sit out a year for his son.Meanwhile boy in East Tenn transfers to school with tons of state titles.lives with his sick granny.ask her name & what is wrong with her.no clue on either.automatically eligible to play!!!

The Mount Juliet transfer was declared eligible to play for Ravenwood.  Was there another?