Oak Ridge visits Mount Juliet

MJGOLDENBEARS

1 minute ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Neither does Mount Juliet. We have gotten more talent over the last few years and middle school and freshman teams have been undefeated, but it’s nowhere near the talent pool those teams have. Especially with the new high school being built in Mount Juliet... who knows what that will do.

I can’t comment too much on Mt. Juliet because frankly I don’t know much at all about y’alls program. I do know that y’all have had an impressive 10 year run or so of fielding quality football teams. I hope that we can give y’all a competitive game. I don’t foresee us winning, but I would at least like us to be competitive and have a respectable showing.

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

I can’t comment too much on Mt. Juliet because frankly I don’t know much at all about y’alls program. I do know that y’all have had an impressive 10 year run or so of fielding quality football teams. I hope that we can give y’all a competitive game. I don’t foresee us winning, but I would at least like us to be competitive and have a respectable showing.

As much as I would have loved to play a top notch OR team in their prime... it doesn’t look to be that way. However I still think if y’all get the calls, win the turnover battle and stop our passing attack. Things could be interesting, unfortunately for y’all your weakness appears to be on the offensive side of the ball. Our strong point is our defense, as they Have only let up around 6-7 offensive Tds all season. Not a big group of guys, relatively average sized, but just a group of great tackling, high IQ football players. I’m looking forward to this game, MJ must make a statement here to start garnering some attention from other top teams, and polls. IMO my still unsure about how good or average this MJ team is comparatively speaking to other good teams.... that’s why this game is a must win.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

11 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Neither does Mount Juliet. We have gotten more talent over the last few years and middle school and freshman teams have been undefeated, but it’s nowhere near the talent pool those teams have. Especially with the new high school being built in Mount Juliet... who knows what that will do.

Mt. Juliet has changed so much over the years.  When I was young, the middle school was the high school.  If the talent comes from the traditional areas (Shiloh, Tulip Grove,etc.) then the Bears are in trouble.  However, I can’t speak for the talent you are getting from Gladeville (that is Providence for those not from “original “ MJ).  Lots of apartments over there but simply don’t know.

1 hour ago, PurplePanther said:

Mt. Juliet has changed so much over the years.  When I was young, the middle school was the high school.  If the talent comes from the traditional areas (Shiloh, Tulip Grove,etc.) then the Bears are in trouble.  However, I can’t speak for the talent you are getting from Gladeville (that is Providence for those not from “original “ MJ).  Lots of apartments over there but simply don’t know.

Providence is not really Gladeville.  I knew a friend of mine who lived over on that side and she went to Wilson Central but that was not Gladeville.  

13 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

As much as I would have loved to play a top notch OR team in their prime... it doesn’t look to be that way... MJ must make a statement here to start garnering some attention from other top teams, and polls. IMO my still unsure about how good or average this MJ team is comparatively speaking to other good teams.... that’s why this game is a must win.

Since you like to compare scores, we're gonna be watching this one.

tenor.gif?itemid=6077388

You guys crack me up! Oak ridge not winning titles hasn’t been because lack of people in the town lol! It’s been because of coaching! Oak ridge has had a ton of talent I mean a ton! When they get to high school positions get changed booster ball comes in big time! Would you know that rms has won championship probably the last 10 out of 15 years. Imagine combining that with athletes from the east side or jms who battled with rms! The true fact we could have atleast 6 state championships counting from 05 until now.  That’s not a reach either think about the classes and teams! 

1 hour ago, Elitesports4 said:

You guys crack me up! Oak ridge not winning titles hasn’t been because lack of people in the town lol! It’s been because of coaching! Oak ridge has had a ton of talent I mean a ton! When they get to high school positions get changed booster ball comes in big time! Would you know that rms has won championship probably the last 10 out of 15 years. Imagine combining that with athletes from the east side or jms who battled with rms! The true fact we could have atleast 6 state championships counting from 05 until now.  That’s not a reach either think about the classes and teams! 

You can’t be serious? How many D1 athletes has OR had the past 10 years besides Middleton and Higgins? Did you know my SR year we had 3 guys sign D1 scholarships in the SEC alone, not to mention a few like Brad Redmond and John Dickens who went to Furman and Air Force respectively. There were also a few others like Roy Howard who could’ve been a top flight D1 prospect if he had of kept his head on his shoulders.

How many top notch quarterbacks has OR had the past 10 or so years? Can you name me one who actually went to a school besides one like Sewanee? OR had some really good offensive players last year but the biggest school that they ended up signing with was Carson Newman. Granted, Herbert was a good running quarterback, but he couldn’t throw to save his life, and we haven’t had a QB the past 10 years besides Zulliger who has been worth a nickel. And he didn’t even go to college anywhere. We have had the talent to win 6 state titles? You have got to be kidding me. Whatever you’re smoking, gimme some of it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

You can’t be serious? How many D1 athletes has OR had the past 10 years besides Middleton and Higgins? Did you know my SR year we had 3 guys sign D1 scholarships in the SEC alone, not to mention a few like Brad Redmond and John Dickens who went to Furman and Air Force respectively. There were also a few others like Roy Howard who could’ve been a top flight D1 prospect if he had of kept his head on his shoulders.

How many top notch quarterbacks has OR had the past 10 or so years? Can you name me one who actually went to a school besides one like Sewanee? OR had some really good offensive players last year but the biggest school that they ended up signing with was Carson Newman. Granted, Herbert was a good running quarterback, but he couldn’t throw to save his life, and we haven’t had a QB the past 10 years besides Zulliger who has been worth a nickel. And he didn’t even go to college anywhere. We have had the talent to win 6 state titles? You have got to be kidding me. Whatever you’re smoking, gimme some of it.

It’s tons of players who could have played d1 but didn’t due to generational changes! Social media plays a big role now adays! Rocky Fluidd, Matt Moore, tyrus Henderson, Jose valadon, Zach hughes, revel coffee, Ralph coffee, Demarcus Rodgers, Jared Stephens,Alonzo douglas, shrimp, tony carsen, Leonard Blair, Asante harris, adrian porter, corey booker, zack Stuart, Rian hall, jalen Miller, rashad gray, Leonard Blair, Daryl Miller.. it’s plenty I can name that would be major d1 If played now! Generation changes matter a lot of guys that got offers wouldn’t have playing back when we played riverdale as a rival! Do you know who Gaston Miller is? Those guys would have killed them! It’s easier to go to college for football even if it’s tusculum. It wasn’t like that back than. And I say 6 atleast because 1 spencer should have won, tee should have won, Rian hall should have won, Jordan graham could have won, and 2011 the run with Bryson Rosser could have won 1 game away from ship lost to maryville by 6 had already beat all the other good teams on road such as riverdale, Bradley central, and Cookeville. If you don’t think those teams could have won something is wrong with you and majority of those was just 1 game away buddy.

8 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Also to argue the point of quarterback you do realize guys lose positions coming to high school because of boosters and just change of positions. Herbert actually could throw he just chose to run because he’s Lamar jackson like. Rian Hall is a better quarterback than Bradley zulliger he just had his position changed a billion times! Ted Mitchell just said on fb the other day Rian hall has led his team 12-1 and beating maryville! He got Injured which is when the game changed.. trust me a lot of the guys I name are a ton better than guys who are going to college to play now.. I’m sure mike Gipson, Shaun bohannon, shawn Alexander, and curtis booker would have every offer in the book if played today.. 

Bruh, we got shellacked by Riverdale 35-14 in 2011. No offense, but what are you talking about? The closest we ever got to Maryville in a playoff game was 2012 and we got beat 39-25. That Maryville team didn’t even win state, Whitehaven did. A few of those guys you mentioned like Gray and Moore were really talented, but Gray’s talent really was never fully realized while at OR. Stuart actually ended up at MTSU. Most of those others you named were D2 at best. And Herbert as great as he was at running was inaccurate as all get out as a passer. Sorry. Zulliger is the best QB we’ve had the past 10 years as a pure passer, by far.

Edited by SweetScience