AP CLASS 2A POLL OCT 14, 2019

Southtowner

17 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Salem is a Peabody hater. He said last week most Peabody posters are obnoxious 

It was a back handed compliment. Obnoxious in the way Alcoa fans or Alabama fans can be. It was a tongue in cheek comment on the Region 5-2A thread I had already forgotten about but some clearly took it to heart. 

25 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Salem is a Peabody hater. He said last week most Peabody posters are obnoxious 

I thought Salem had lady parts the way she posts her passive aggresive garbage " real recognize real " Yeah Yeah 7 2 A is "down" for a year or 2 but is usually hardnosed battles our Tides schedule is fine btw nobody thought SS would be down like they are I believe the Dawgs and Hawks are plenty on our schedule !!!! 

Edited by PeabodyPride

4 minutes ago, Salem said:

It was a back handed compliment. Obnoxious in the way Alcoa fans or Alabama fans can be. It was a tongue in cheek comment on the Region 5-2A thread I had already forgotten about but some clearly took it to heart. 

A few have been certified :roflol: 

I like you much more than general :roflol:

i dont know if that counts for much 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

You are right. I’m not disputing that but what difference does it make?

Because no one can know how truly great or special this team is based on their choice of opponents. This team could have laid claim to being one of the best teams in west TN history with a big win or showing against an elite private school or 5A opponent. Being the best in 2A has already been done. Kids need motivation. There is zero buzz on a statewide football forum about on of the best teams in a generation.

Right now they cant get a thread to 5 pages on here. Compare that to the Meigs/ S Pitt thread. Red Boiling Springs Forfeit thread has more action than a Peabody homecoming thread. This kids are missing out on the attention they deserve because some grown ups are scared someone may get hurt and risk another gold ball? Just debating this has gotten Peabody more attention than any game since Milan. 

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

I believe it would be a game worth seeing as it would be competitive in my view.   If I were to pick a winner I'd give Meigs the edge by a touchdown or less.   

Beating Meigs won't be easy.  You'd have to be balanced in so much as mixing in some passes.  You'd also have to have some good rotation in your front lines on both sides of the ball.  We were solid in all phases during the game.  Plus our coaching staff is top notch.  

Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Salem said:

Because no one can know how truly great or special this team is based on their choice of opponents. This team could have laid claim to being one of the best teams in west TN history with a big win or showing against an elite private school or 5A opponent. Being the best in 2A has already been done. Kids need motivation. There is zero buzz on a statewide football forum about on of the best teams in a generation.

Right now they cant get a thread to 5 pages on here. Compare that to the Meigs/ S Pitt thread. Red Boiling Springs Forfeit thread has more action than a Peabody homecoming thread. This kids are missing out on the attention they deserve because some grown ups are scared someone may get hurt and risk another gold ball? Just debating this has gotten Peabody more attention than any game since Milan. 

None of that matters no one would remember any of that. 

this team has one mission. 

#back2back 

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Its looks as if you plan on making the trip down if both teams are fortunate enough to make the semis. Would be fun. Hopefully if it happens that way both teams will only have one loss. Our game with Oneida should tell you where you stand with Upperman most likely. If we get demolished your in trouble. :thumb:

I personally think we will beat Baxter. It should be a close game, but I believe we are a little better than them. It wouldn’t surprise me either way, but based off common opponents I think we should be able to win a tight one.... We shall see though!

23 minutes ago, Salem said:

I apologize that we do not schedule games or compete during the season to become the HYPOTHETICAL CHAMPS OF TENNESSEE. We want to bring home hardware. Actual gold balls back to Trenton. All of that horse wash you just said is nothing but pure speculation & sports talk that in the end, means absolutely nothing. You know what does mean something, the 2 gold balls Peabody has brought back since 2014 & the new addition they are trying to add this year.