AP CLASS 2A POLL OCT 14, 2019

Southtowner

2 minutes ago, Salem said:

Milan is the bright spot on the schedule. I tried to include all the non region games and not cherry pick. Milan is the only game on the schedule where the outcome could remotely be in doubt until December. Kids want a challenge.

This team is supposed to be special. A juggernaut for the next several years. No better time than to do a home and away series with Briarcrest or Lausanne. Heck get Mayfield KY down there and get some TN revenge. A 6-1 Corinth MS team is 87 miles away. The competition was available but Sheffield and Washington were selected. The top 2A teams from the east are definitely iron sharpening iron. 

:popcorneater:

Just now, Salem said:

Milan is the bright spot on the schedule. I tried to include all the non region games and not cherry pick. Milan is the only game on the schedule where the outcome could remotely be in doubt until December. Kids want a challenge.

This team is supposed to be special. A juggernaut for the next several years. No better time than to do a home and away series with Briarcrest or Lausanne. Heck get Mayfield KY down there and get some TN revenge. A 6-1 Corinth MS team is 87 miles away. The competition was available but Sheffield and Washington were selected. The top 2A teams from the east are definitely iron sharpening iron. 

You are right. I’m not disputing that but what difference does it make? Is the TSSAA going to hand the gold ball over to the 2A team with the toughest schedule? No. Coach Jacobs is a smart guy & he isn’t going to try & schedule some games that put his team at risk of great injury or anything that would hurt his team’s chances of making a run in November. Union City scheduled Mayfield the last 2 years & take last year for example, I believe they lost some starters in that game that greatly effected the outcome of some of their games that season. Any UC posters that read this, please confirm if I’m correct. But I’m not disputing what you’re saying at all, I’m just saying you have to look at from the perspective of having a team that is poised & expected to win another state championship. No reason to risk anything by scheduling teams 3 to 4 times your size to pacify people that have no bearing of what your team does on the field. 

9 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I will ask this though, what effect does this have? What is the fuss about? I don’t quite understand what point you’re trying to convey? Because at the end of the day Peabody has to play in class 2A come playoff time. We know Peabody is just about without a doubt the best team in 2A. Some would disagree but the majority would agree. So what is the point in playing 5A or 6A Memphis schools that mean ABSOLUTELY nothing in the grand scheme of things? 

Salem is a Peabody hater. He said last week most Peabody posters are obnoxious 

3 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

You are right. I’m not disputing that but what difference does it make? Is the TSSAA going to hand the gold ball over to the 2A team with the toughest schedule? No. Coach Jacobs is a smart guy & he isn’t going to try & schedule some games that put his team at risk of great injury or anything that would hurt his team’s chances of making a run in November. Union City scheduled Mayfield the last 2 years & take last year for example, I believe they lost some starters in that game that greatly effected the outcome of some of their games that season. Any UC posters that read this, please confirm if I’m correct. But I’m not disputing what you’re saying at all, I’m just saying you have to look at from the perspective of having a team that is poised & expected to win another state championship. No reason to risk anything by scheduling teams 3 to 4 times your size to pacify people that have no bearing of what your team does on the field. 

Peabody pretty much has the exact same team they did last yr. so yea I agree why risk the ultimate goal!

5 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

We can ask @CoachT to verify him like they do on Twitter. I wouldn’t mind have a neat little blue check mark by my name honestly 

The first post I had ever seen of Tide21 he posted I was a Certified Peabody hater it’s just stuck with me. Tide21 is a cool cat!

Salem is probably just trying to stir the pot before the playoffs start. I like it!

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

I think he is certified. :roflol:    That’s a good idea they would need to make me a admin 

3 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

The first post I had ever seen of Tide21 he posted I was a Certified Peabody hater it’s just stuck with me. Tide21 is a cool cat!

Salem is probably just trying to stir the pot before the playoffs start. I like it!

What team does Salem support?