Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

2 hours ago, PullinGuard said:

When was the picture taken and was it in a game?  I’ve been aware of him having been at Fayetteville much longer, but in any event, he simply had to be there by August to be eligible. 

I noticed that a poster in the Fay/Cornersville thread said on Oct 5th that a kid would be disqualified later, acc’d to an official who had told him (falsely stated that the kid lives in Alabama).  Didn’t an official make this ruling?  Why would the TSSAA plan a ruling and delay it until after all district games are over?  Seem like pretty good questions that should be answered. 

Not sure when the pic was taken but fully dressed in both pictures. I work with a guy that lives in the sparkman school district in AL. I asked if he had heard of him. According to him, who has no dog in the fight, he was told that he was on sparkman, kicked off, went to hazel green, kicked off there, and back to sparkman. Not sure how credible his source is, but would venture to say pretty good and someone at sparkman. This was all in the last 2-3 years. I asked him about it after i saw the team at jamboree. Again, not trying to cause more confusion or stir anything. Just putting out what I know. 

2 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Anonymous complaints should never be taken seriously by tssaa. Be a man and sign your name and own up to it. 

Old Pirate says “The major can of Worms” was opened last year after the TSSAA obtained a video of a Jr. Whitwell football player playing in a game in La. with announcer even calling the player by name with undeniable close up video. The TSSAA was advised with video but did nothing! Bernie is terrible, perhaps the standin is attempting to actually enforce rules. It is obvious, selective punishment to the few while recruiting & orchestrating runs rampant during post season & summer camps. Old Pirate ain’t got a problem with anonymity or leaking. The TSSAA is the well paid governing body that should have sources & methods with anonymous sources surely a must. 

16 minutes ago, Oleskooly said:

Moore County must be a big rival of yours because the last I checked they are not the one in question. 

Have no interest in Moore County and am not a Fayetteville fan.  My only interest is in the rules being applied reasonably and fairly.  I’m 100% sure there are many other schools in this situation and am strongly suspicious this is all a personal vendetta between the complainant and the Director of Schools for Fayetteville. 

To the contrary, Fayetteville was a big rival for me in Jr High.  Thoroughly hated them growing up and have no connection now. 

Edited by PullinGuard
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mombluetwo said:

Actually, Moore County’s tuition is listed on their website under “community” header then choose “non-resident student application” and the tuition info is clearly indicated for all to read. 

Thank you. Have no issue with MC, was just making the point that this is clearly selective enforcement.  It’s a 100% certainty that kids at Huntland don’t pay tuition and live where FCHS buses run.  Headed to the playoffs  

I have no problem with them, either - let the kids play. 

But I suspect this is a buddy doing a buddy a favor to knock a team out of the playoffs. 

Edited by PullinGuard
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, PullinGuard said:

Thank you. Have no issue with MC, was just making the point that this is clearly selective enforcement.  It’s a 100% certainty that kids at Huntland don’t pay tuition and live where FCHS buses run.  Headed to the playoffs  

But I suspect this is a buddy doing a buddy a favor to knock a team out of the playoffs. 

So do you suspect Region opponent is the complainant or is this a Lincoln squabble? 

13 minutes ago, Oleskooly said:

So do you suspect Region opponent is the complainant or is this a Lincoln squabble? 

Inside Lincoln County, but not really associated with LCHS. Personal issue between complainant and Director of Schools for Fayetteville (maybe others too, dunno).  If I’m correct, complainant has previous TSSAA association himself. 

Stepping back and looking at this, it appears that Fayetteville is being punished for NOT charging County students tuition. Which they have never done in 40+ years.  I can’t see any way that could be sensible and it seems the rules are being twisted to achieve the desired end.  There’s never been anything at all unusual about a county kid attending the Fayetteville system until now.  Probably has never been a single grade in the system in any year where it didn’t occur. 

Edited by PullinGuard

16 minutes ago, PullinGuard said:

Inside Lincoln County, but not really associated with LCHS. Personal issue between complainant and Director of Schools for Fayetteville (maybe others too, dunno).  If I’m correct, complainant has previous TSSAA association himself. 

Stepping back and looking at this, it appears that Fayetteville is being punished for NOT charging County students tuition. Which they have never done in 40+ years.  I can’t see any way that could be sensible and it seems the rules are being twisted to achieve the desired end.  There’s never been anything at all unusual about a county kid attending the Fayetteville system until now.  Probably has never been a single grade in the system in any year where it didn’t occur. 

You may be meaning something different, but the school board voted in December of 2010 to reestablish the city highschool. Now the middle school and a 9th grade were around since the 60's if I read it correctly. A very good read actually.

41 minutes ago, PullinGuard said:

Got it. I was unaware of a tuition at MC but it is well noted for future reference. I was not trying to go after MC and I don’t really consider them as rivals.

I can say, for certain, that Huntland is guilty of this very thing. There are kids from Lincoln County and Winchester that are playing sports there. I guess they aren’t seeing how this ruling could potentially affect them in the future also as they play the puppets in the hands of the masters. 

Edited by Moknows3

8 minutes ago, Moknows3 said:

Got it. I was unaware of a tuition at MC but it is well noted for future reference. I was not trying to go after MC and I don’t really consider them as rivals.

I can say, for certain, that Huntland is guilty of this very thing. There are kids from Lincoln County and Winchester that are playing sports there. I guess they aren’t seeing how this ruling could potentially affect them in the future also as they play the puppets in the hands of the masters. 

I've always wondered how their transfer rules work inside the county border. And the kid from LC (if it's the same one) has big ties to coach so dont upset him. But only has stats in wins at Lookout Valley and Jo Byrns. 

Edited by Oleskooly