Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

2 hours ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

Huntland is not its own school system, that is why. Out of zone and out of district are different. Fayetteville must have fudged something on the eligibility report or the TSSAA would not have deemed him eligible to begin with.  There's more to this that that admin would leave you to believe. IMO this falls on the the AD or principal being that they are the ones who submit eligibility, not the coaches anymore.

100% inaccurate.  TSSAA had absolutely everything from the start and nothing changed, except the person reviewing it.  

A court will now decide the matter, and we will all see. 

Edited by PullinGuard

5 minutes ago, 93grad said:

We apologize for the short notice, but we learned this morning that a temporary restraining order has been issued restraining the TSSAA from conducting the hearing scheduled for this afternoon regarding the ongoing issue surrounding their ruling delivered last week.
As a result of this step, we will not be appearing for an appeal hearing with TSSAA Board of Control at this point, but we will however present our case in front of a court of law to be conducted at a later date....
The decision to seek relief in court was not made in haste. We feel that this course of action is the most appropriate step to address this situation for the benefit of our players and coaches.

Sincerely,
Adam McCormick, Principal
Fayetteville High School

So what does all that mean for the immediate playoff picture.   I assume Fayetteville is still out of post season play, correct?   If so, I court ruling may help future cases, but does nothing for the problem at hand.

6 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

So what does all that mean for the immediate playoff picture.   I assume Fayetteville is still out of post season play, correct?   If so, I court ruling may help future cases, but does nothing for the problem at hand.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

BULLETIN: Fayetteville will not attend TSSAA BOC Meeting: FHS Gets Restraining Order
CoachT
Reportedly, Fayetteville has gotten a temporary restraining order and injunction against the TSSAA which means that Fayetteville can participate in the playoffs until the judge rules. FHS will not be appearing at the specially called Board of Control meeting today. However,tThe meeting WILL be held at 1PM today. More details ASAP.