Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

54 minutes ago, Salem said:

How do any kids attending a school that allows out of county students get athletic eligibility based on the bus route clause? 

I would say under this interpretation, the only ones where that would arguably be at all possible would be a place like Tullahoma, which has no buses at all.  Otherwise, it would be a 100% no-go.  Those kids could not play athletics, ever.  Same for kids who live in Fayetteville, but who attend LCHS.

Edited by PullinGuard

14 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

The more I read the more confused I become. There is something definitely not being reported here.  I hope there's transparency in the appeals meeting so we can find out exactly what has transpired so this issue doesn't resurface anytime soon.

One other thing that may not be obvious.  The TSSAA ruled on the player in September, saying he was eligible.  Childress made that ruling, and nothing at all has changed with respect to the student nor his parents. 

Childress is out on medical leave now, and the matter was revisited by someone else (imagine the name is in this thread), who it seems has had a prior relationship with one of the complainants.  I cannot directly confirm that part, but I have a very good source and do believe it.  The complainant purportedly has no (current) direct or close association with any other particular school, but rather has historical, personal issues with people in the FHS system.  I cannot confirm that either, but do believe it's accurate and common knowledge to those close to the situation.

I believe the appeal is heard by a panel of eight and does not include Childress nor the most recent person who ruled on it.

Edited by PullinGuard

9 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

The more I read the more confused I become. There is something definitely not being reported here.  I hope there's transparency in the appeals meeting so we can find out exactly what has transpired so this issue doesn't resurface anytime soon.

I am very confused also,i agree something hasnt been brought to light.If a student has a valid change of address to the county,city whatever of said school he "should" be eligible automatically (after clearing of course).There are clauses about a student that has been in trouble at another school and transfers but that dont seem to be the case.

14 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I’m right there with ya..confused! Guess it’s a wait and see game for now. Maybe the TSSAA will enlighten everyone after the appeal.

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I am very confused also,i agree something hasnt been brought to light.If a student has a valid change of address to the county,city whatever of said school he "should" be eligible automatically (after clearing of course).There are clauses about a student that has been in trouble at another school and transfers but that dont seem to be the case.

Was it said somewhere that he transferred from Alabama or am I remembering wrong?

1 minute ago, PullinGuard said:

One other thing that may not be obvious.  The TSSAA ruled on the player in September, saying he was eligible.  Childress made that ruling. 

Childress is out on medical leave now, and the matter was revisited by someone else (imagine the name is in this thread), who it seems has had a prior relationship with one of the complainants.  I cannot directly confirm that part, but I do believe it.  The complainant apparently has no direct or close association with any other particular school, but rather has historical, personal issues with people in the FHS system.

I emailed the Association the first week in October regarding this issue.  I got automatic responses from certain individuals I emailed that they were out of office.   I haven't gotten a response. 

I just forwarded the email to Assistant Director Gene Menees who seems to be the one that's over this matter at this point. 

I understand the personal sensitivity of the issue and may not get a response.   But I did pose other questions that I hope to get a better understanding as to how these situations are handled and in what manner.

I also posed the question as to why a game official would have information on this issue and was rumored to have been discussing such at the Cornersville @ Fayetteville football game.

Transparency goes a long way.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

I emailed the Association the first week in October regarding this issue.  I got automatic responses from certain individuals I emailed that they were out of office.   I haven't gotten a response. 

I just forwarded the email to Assistant Director Gene Menees who seems to be the one that's over this matter at this point. 

I understand the personal sensitivity of the issue and may not get a response.   But I did pose other questions that I hope to get a better understanding as to how these situations are handled and in what manner.

I also posed the question as to why a game official would have information on this issue and was rumored to have been discussing such at the Cornersville @ Fayetteville football game.

Transparency goes a long way.  

Good form ST!