Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

32 minutes ago, Varo said:

this is one of the reasons why Fayetteville High School is appealing the decision made by AD Menees, in Director Childress' absence.  

73523573_2546658662057036_2474101393871339520_n.jpg

I don't know what to say Varo than repeat something I've said before.  Something is not jiving.

I've seen yall play.  You would be undefeated had he not even suited up.  I know that doesn't mean anything at this point in time.

• Like 1

I'd say Fayetteville will have to bite the bullet on this one.

Even if the Association declared him eligible.  

Because by all intents and purposes the student athlete is ineligible according to the constitution and by laws.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.  Even when those in charge don't know. 

I'd be appealing as well.  Good luck.

45 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'd say Fayetteville will have to bite the bullet on this one.

Even if the Association declared him eligible.  

Because by all intents and purposes the student athlete is ineligible according to the constitution and by laws.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.  Even when those in charge don't know. 

I'd be appealing as well.  Good luck.

Will TSSAA start enforcing the by laws on this particular “bus route” issue in every district and class? If they do, then I’d say Huntland and Moore County need to be investigated also. 

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

The school reported said player as eligible. Based on the information that was given to the TSSAA he was declared eligible. When given more specific information, he in the school were declared ineligible. The blame here goes to the school for not fully reporting. The letter from the TSSAA in the above post clearly says the decision was made based on information given to them.

I don’t usually agree with the Tssaa very often, but it seems the school didn’t report all the information when they got the the go ahead. The mistake lies with the school  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

The TSSAA picks and chooses who they go after. Whitwell is a great example last season. They had a kid that played in an all star game before last season as he was going into his senior season. The game was was streamed live. Nothing was done about him and the rest is history. 

They sure ruled in favor of Ravenwood who played the player in 7 on 7's while still waiting on the ruling. 

Then they let the school handle the former Titan player putting on pads for practice and causing a concussion.

I guess Fayetteville has no big money boosters.

On 10/26/2019 at 12:35 PM, Salem said:

Me too. TSSAA rulings have knocked two out of the top 4 teams in 1A west out of the playoffs. Both cases were technicalities. Players made legit moves but not legit enough. 

3 hours ago, Varo said:

this is one of the reasons why Fayetteville High School is appealing the decision made by AD Menees, in Director Childress' absence.  

73523573_2546658662057036_2474101393871339520_n.jpg

The date on that says September the 6th. If that's the day they wrote it why did he play in a game sit out a game and play in another game before they received the letter? I guess they could have faced the letter, but why did he play in the first game without getting the O.K first through the TSSAA? Maybe I'm way off base here, but even if he was cleared to play on the 6th of Sept. Why did he play in a game before that date if wasnt cleared and didnt know if he was cleared? 

Screenshot_20191027-214539_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191027-214832_Chrome.jpg

52 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

I don’t usually agree with the Tssaa very often, but it seems the school didn’t report all the information when they got the the go ahead. The mistake lies with the school  

i beg to differ.  The school provided all pertinent information at the first inquiry, and nothing has changed with the student/family unit since that time.