Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Are they tranfers with athletic records?Only applies when trasferring into another schools zone to play sports.

That also means that if one moves to a new county that's open zoned, they can't choose their school, which defeats the purpose of open zones.

Say if I moved to South Pitt...my kid couldn't attend Marion County if he desired...

I just cant help but feel Fayetteville is getting a bad deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, croz6110 said:

That also means that if one moves to a new county that's open zoned, they can't choose their school, which defeats the purpose of open zones.

Say if I moved to South Pitt...my kid couldn't attend Marion County if he desired...

Yes I edited that post. If you're moving from one County to the other it's usually legal I'm kind of confused on this now also

3 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Agreed...  The timing of it is horrible!

1 hour ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Someone had an agenda on this. Isn't there a TSSAA board rep that is from Lincoln County? 

What is rotten is that they thought the player was cleared? 

That happens more often than not. Most of the high profile examples of schools forfeiting wins in recent memory have come after TSSAA initially clearing the player. Most of the time there's a "detail" left out of the original assessment that only comes to light when whomever has an agenda against the school chooses to bring it forward... usually beyond the point of no return for their season.

This could be avoided with a standard transfer form containing ALL the parameters allowing the transfer to be eligible to compete, and either a statute of limitation for reporting, or a limitation of forfeitures. If there were a three game forfeiture limitation, this would have come to light much quicker. In my opinion it's not much better to hold back information in order to better your own situation than to play an ineligible player.

Just another example of TSSAA being lazy concerning their duties. If fairness is their main objective, they should do more on the front end to protect the innocent players from suffering from the actions/decisions of a few.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just make it simple and clear. 1. Be loyal to your school.2. If you transfer you must sit out the same amount of games you played in previously. If a quarterback was to transfer that played in 15 games the previous year he misses the whole season at his new school. If it's a linemen that only played in 4 games then he misses the first four at his new school. I think they do something similar to this anyways.

13 hours ago, orngnblk said:

TSSAA will tell you a bus HAS to run in front of your house.Rules are simple just ask if you dont know,better safe than sorry.

LRDAO is that how you orchestraters get by? I garuntee I bet gbnation, the skillet slinger, o&b man, muskox man, Helmut boy, is all durn bus drivers for that Ryan mans school.  I garuntee you I aint joking either. 

38 minutes ago, powerp said:

Just make it simple and clear. 1. Be loyal to your school.2. If you transfer you must sit out the same amount of games you played in previously. If a quarterback was to transfer that played in 15 games the previous year he misses the whole season at his new school. If it's a linemen that only played in 4 games then he misses the first four at his new school. I think they do something similar to this anyways.

That is the rule unless you move.

Fayetteville to appeal Recent TSSAA Ruling

We are certainly very disappointed to learn that TSSAA has ruled that we had played an ineligible player in some of our contests during the 2019 season. Fayetteville High School has always tried sincerely to comply with TSSAA policy. We will continue to operate our athletic programs in such a manner to be in compliance with TSSAA rules and guidelines. We currently do not believe we are in violation of the TSSAA policies regarding player eligibility of the student in question. To do what’s right for our students, we are exploring and investigating all options for appeal of this decision. An appeal hearing with TSSAA has been scheduled at the beginning of next week with the TSSAA Board of Control to review the case. These young men and coaches have worked very hard and diligently to achieve what they have at this point in the season, and we as a system and administration are going to do everything in our power to stand up for and represent this team.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MCHSBigBlue said:

Fayetteville to appeal Recent TSSAA Ruling

We are certainly very disappointed to learn that TSSAA has ruled that we had played an ineligible player in some of our contests during the 2019 season. Fayetteville High School has always tried sincerely to comply with TSSAA policy. We will continue to operate our athletic programs in such a manner to be in compliance with TSSAA rules and guidelines. We currently do not believe we are in violation of the TSSAA policies regarding player eligibility of the student in question. To do what’s right for our students, we are exploring and investigating all options for appeal of this decision. An appeal hearing with TSSAA has been scheduled at the beginning of next week with the TSSAA Board of Control to review the case. These young men and coaches have worked very hard and diligently to achieve what they have at this point in the season, and we as a system and administration are going to do everything in our power to stand up for and represent this team.

Good luck!! I hope those kids get a chance to finish what they started!

• Like 1