1A Mr football Semifinalists

Devilsx5

21 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

I’d honestly be very surprised if the final 3 wasn’t Willis, snyder, ensley. It’s hard to rationalize the other 2 making it over either, I mean Willis had more receiving yards than the huntland kid has rushing yards. That’s absurd and beyond impressive. Snyder having 1200+ yards passing and rushing each  with 40+ touchdowns probably takes the cake for me. Obviously I have a bias being a lc fan and all but can’t argue the numbers, even the intangibles ya can’t argue against 

The Huntland Kid has 1,567 rushing 16 TDs this year and 4,573 career rushing yards with 56 tds. He also has 3 kick returns this year . Huntland has 2 RB's over 1,200 yards...

Edited by apsugov7

2 hours ago, apsugov7 said:

The Huntland Kid has 1,567 rushing 16 TDs this year and 4,573 career rushing yards with 56 tds. He also has 3 kick returns this year . Huntland has 2 RB's over 1,200 yards...

Who are the others? How many carries did he get a game? How did he do against quality teams? Only asking because I know nothing about huntland. Educate the masses 

1 hour ago, Makinplays said:

Those are very impressive numbers at any level, what style of offense does Huntland run?

Yes it is and deserving.But like the Greenback qb being left off,there are many others.Tubbs from LC has over 1500 yards rushing and over 25td's,better stats than the Huntland rb.And probably only played 3 complete games.And consider Snyder the qb ,from LC having over 1400 yards rushing,that's better overall than the 2 rb's from Huntland.So congrats to him for making it.Well deserved for all these players.But there were some that had better stats in less playing time as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Yes it is and deserving.But like the Greenback qb being left off,there are many others.Tubbs from LC has over 1500 yards rushing and over 25td's,better stats than the Huntland rb.And probably only played 3 complete games.And consider Snyder the qb ,from LC having over 1400 yards rushing,that's better overall than the 2 rb's from Huntland.So congrats to him for making it.Well deserved for all these players.But there were some that had better stats in less playing time as well.

I need to look some of these players up on hudl, from those numbers they would be fun to watch. Admittedly I am more familiar with the east programs, not all but some. 

3 hours ago, Makinplays said:

I need to look some of these players up on hudl, from those numbers they would be fun to watch. Admittedly I am more familiar with the east programs, not all but some. 

Go back a few pages. I believe Mr. Reeds highlights were posted.

Never mind. I must have seen them on another thread somewhere. They are not in this one.

Edited by Jobres76

11 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

Who are the others? How many carries did he get a game? How did he do against quality teams? Only asking because I know nothing about huntland. Educate the masses 

Looks like against south Pittsburgh the best team they played he had less than 40 yards. Also averages a fumble a game. 

Edited by Orangecountry

19 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Just remember it’s all based on regular season stats.  The voting is done.  Just waiting to announce the winners.  I’ve seen folks win that were nowhere in the league as the other nominees.  I don’t think it has ever been 100% right.  

I might be called a homer, but a couple classic examples from South Pittsburg:  Eddie Moore in 1998 and Robert Robinson in 2007.  Both were not selected Mr. Football and were dominant players.  Eddie went on to star at UT and in the NFL.

Edited by UncleDave

Just now, UncleDave said:

I might be called a homer, but a couple classic examples from South Pittsburg:  Eddie Moore in 1998 and Robert Robinson in 2007.  Both were not selected Mr. Football and were dominant players.  Eddie went on to star at UT and in the NFL.

A farce on both accounts.

4 hours ago, UncleDave said:

I'll even give you another . . . Carl Lehr in 1986.