1A Mr football Semifinalists

Devilsx5

Yes. Huntingdon played Moore Co last year in the first round I believe and gave Trousdale their worst loss ever in the playoffs a few years back. I still believe Huntland is further East than any of those.

7 minutes ago, rlh said:

Moore County has played in a state title game (1999).  Jo Byrns has played in a couple for the west as well in the past.  Even Trousdale was in the west for a cycle. 

2 minutes ago, Waker said:

Yes. Huntingdon played Moore Co last year in the first round I believe and gave Trousdale their worst loss ever in the playoffs a few years back. I still believe Huntland is further East than any of those.

Trousdale may be further East. But on a map Huntland looks like it’s in another time zone!

Edited by Waker

1 minute ago, Waker said:

Trousdale may be further East. But on a map Huntland looks like it’s in another time zone!

Huntland is in the central time zone.  Moore County is pretty close as well.  Hartsville is definitely farther east.  They just got stuck there due to that wonky cycle.  Jo B was put in the East this go around but was historically in the west and represented the west in a couple of title games as did Moore County and Moore is still out west.  Fayetteville, Moore, Huntland got moved to the east the same time TC got moved to the west during that wonky cycle.  This issue arises because TN is thought of in 3 regions, but TSSAA divides it into halves for obvious reasons.

Just now, rlh said:

Huntland is in the central time zone.  Moore County is pretty close as well.  Hartsville is definitely farther east.  They just got stuck there due to that wonky cycle.  Jo B was put in the East this go around but was historically in the west and represented the west in a couple of title games as did Moore County and Moore is still out west.  Fayetteville, Moore, Huntland got moved to the east the same time TC got moved to the west during that wonky cycle.  This issue arises because TN is thought of in 3 regions, but TSSAA divides it into halves for obvious reasons.

May of these teams are new to Huntingdon until the past few seasons. 

7 hours ago, Waker said:

Pertaining to the thread title, the Huntland player represents the west correct? If so that means there are 3 players from the west nominated for the award as Huntingdon, Huntland, and LC occupy 3 places on the west playoff bracket. 

Snyder has 1400 yards passing with 22 tds and 1 interception.  1450 rushing 24 tds. 14 2 pt conversions. He has played 2 4a schools who advanced to the second round, 3a and 2a school that also advanced to second round so far. He has only played in 3 full games all season. He is usually sitting out in the 2nd half. He also plays linebacker on defense. The Ensley kid from Huntingdon is very good. I don't know his numbers. Snyder is also completing 68 percent of his passes.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Snyder has 1400 yards passing with 22 tds and 1 interception.  1450 rushing 24 tds. 14 2 pt conversions. He has played 2 4a schools who advanced to the second round, 3a and 2a school that also advanced to second round so far. He has only played in 3 full games all season. He is usually sitting out in the 2nd half. He also plays linebacker on defense. The Ensley kid from Huntingdon is very good. I don't know his numbers. Snyder is also completing 68 percent of his passes.

Stats according to M@xPreps:

Ensley completing 63% for a 30.3 yard average. 1200 yards rushing for 12.2 ypc. 36 TD rushing and passing.

Also a couple on punt returns i believe.

Then he is also a key for us defensively with 4 interceptions from the safety position.

Edited by sportsnutz

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

You've got to be a 4 or 5 star recruit to have a chance if you're from West Tennessee!

• Thanks 1

I’d honestly be very surprised if the final 3 wasn’t Willis, snyder, ensley. It’s hard to rationalize the other 2 making it over either, I mean Willis had more receiving yards than the huntland kid has rushing yards. That’s absurd and beyond impressive. Snyder having 1200+ yards passing and rushing each  with 40+ touchdowns probably takes the cake for me. Obviously I have a bias being a lc fan and all but can’t argue the numbers, even the intangibles ya can’t argue against 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Just remember it’s all based on regular season stats.  The voting is done.  Just waiting to announce the winners.  I’ve seen folks win that were nowhere in the league as the other nominees.  I don’t think it has ever been 100% right.  

Does anyone know when they will announce all state teams ?

25 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Just remember it’s all based on regular season stats.  The voting is done.  Just waiting to announce the winners.  I’ve seen folks win that were nowhere in the league as the other nominees.  I don’t think it has ever been 100% right.  

I've always thought it should be after the championship game.