Round 2: Mt Juliet (7-4) @ Oakland (11-0)

DillonPanthers1

10 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

A win is a win, but at some point these slow starts are going to be the cause of Oakland's demise. Can't leave the field with nothing once you get inside the 30

I wasn't there obviously...and I haven't seen them in person....but I have been saying Oakland seems to be trending down, but I get smacked in the face by others on this board when I have said it!

The blaze are coming....you guys start slow this week, we having a party....our defense is Leeeegit...

1 minute ago, LawandOrder said:

I have thought all year that Blackman was the most talented team in Rutherford County, however, they have been out coached by teams.  After seeing them the past few weeks, I think adjustments have been made.  I am picking Blackman by 14 points in this matchup. 

I fully agree with you.  I believe our defense is just as good or better than oaklands.  They key will be no special teams errors and can our run game be what it has been.  We have good WRs too...I don't know how oakland is throwing the ball...last game they didn't impress me in that area when we played the first time.

7 minutes ago, BigGameHunter said:

I wasn't there obviously...and I haven't seen them in person....but I have been saying Oakland seems to be trending down, but I get smacked in the face by others on this board when I have said it!

The blaze are coming....you guys start slow this week, we having a party....our defense is Leeeegit...

3 minutes ago, LawandOrder said:

I have thought all year that Blackman was the most talented team in Rutherford County, however, they have been out coached by teams.  After seeing them the past few weeks, I think adjustments have been made.  I am picking Blackman by 14 points in this matchup. 

Yup your both right, the Blaze are the obvious favorite......

• Like 1

Just now, Pinocchio007 said:

Mid,

You saying that Blackman is going to be heading East in the 4th round? Just curious of your thoughts cause you have the most knowledge in the middle of the state! 

Not sure I'd go that far. I was attempting sarcasm in previous post, I guess I should have put the sarcasm tag at the end.

Despite the slow starts, Oakland will still be a significant favorite, if for no other reason they're just coached up better. I'm sure Creasy has stuff in his playbook that he's kept in his back pocket, saving it for the right time. Stephenson in the Wildcat last night is one such example.

Bring up my posts about the first game as keys to the game for this one. For Blackman to have any chance, they need Malone to be big for them. If Oakland consistently puts Blackman in passing situations, Beam is going to be running for his life like he did in the regular season.

MJ was the first team to finally recognize Stephenson as a threat any time he touches the ball and attempted a quick punt on 3rd down late in the 1st Half. If Blackman kicks to him the whole game, he's going to be the direct cause of great field position for Oakland all night. 

Blackman still has a leaky secondary, Hendersonville had great success throwing the ball at times last night. I look for Oakland to do the same. The 1st play in the previous meeting was a big gain through the air and set the tone for the rest of the night

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2019 at 8:12 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

The Wildcat made all the difference. Abner was not ready for that.

So defending a 2 back (Gun) with a qb who is able to pull it and go isn't built into a BASE defense? Sounds like someone needs a new DC to me. That is day one stuff for any team in today's game ....That's an excuse plain and simple.

I don't care what scheme Oakland chooses this week - they are too much for Blackman to stop.

Oakland by 21