TSSAA needs less Divisions

Bulldogfan24

After looking over a few of the brackets I notice some teams made it into the playoffs with terrible records. In the 1A bracket theirs a few with just a 2-8 record and in the 3A bracket theirs a team with 1-9 record. Why should a team with a losing record be in the playoffs? I can see a 4-6 team making in due to a tough schedule but teams with a 2-8 and 1-9 should not be playing in the playoffs. 

21 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

After looking over a few of the brackets I notice some teams made it into the playoffs with terrible records. In the 1A bracket theirs a few with just a 2-8 record and in the 3A bracket theirs a team with 1-9 record. Why should a team with a losing record be in the playoffs? I can see a 4-6 team making in due to a tough schedule but teams with a 2-8 and 1-9 should not be playing in the playoffs. 

What about a AAAA team in a 5 team region that goes 6-4? 0-4 in their region and  6-0 against the 6 1A cupcakes they scheduled... What about the 1A team thats in a 5 team region that goes 2-8? 2-2 in their region and 0-6 against the gauntlet of 3A and 4A teams.. winning record doesnt always mean youre good and losing record doesnt always make you bad.

• Like 3

Old Pirate says there are region winners with perfect records that aren’t very good and easily get illuminated early. Then there teams that play tougher region & regular season opponents that could easily be 500 or below. TSSAA has many problems but this discussion falls far short of being a major issue. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, old24eagle said:

What about a AAAA team in a 5 team region that goes 6-4? 0-4 in their region and  6-0 against the 6 1A cupcakes they scheduled... What about the 1A team thats in a 5 team region that goes 2-8? 2-2 in their region and 0-6 against the gauntlet of 3A and 4A teams.. winning record doesnt always mean youre good and losing record doesnt always make you bad.

Thata boy

4 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says there are region winners with perfect records that aren’t very good and easily get illuminated early. Then there teams that play tougher region & regular season opponents that could easily be 500 or below. TSSAA has many problems but this discussion falls far short of being a major issue. 

Good point

1 hour ago, old24eagle said:

I think it’s right the you could go 0-10 and still make the playoffs in region 1 1a. TSSAA needs to force one of the top 5 teams in region 2 1a to come to region 1.

6 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I think it’s right the you could go 0-10 and still make the playoffs in region 1 1a. TSSAA needs to force one of the top 5 teams in region 2 1a to come to region 1.

Blount county is in the process of building a 1A school dead center between Alcoa,Maryville and Heritage it will most def be a region 1 team.My understanding its supposed to be ready in 2021.May have a new head dog in 1A in that area!