TSSAA needs less Divisions

Bulldogfan24

There's no way to legislate this issue if you're TSSAA that will be perceived as "fair" from one season to the next. If you change the format in order to insure that only deserving teams get in, there'll be deserving teams left out. As it is, there's not much room to argue that a deserving team is not included in the playoffs, and I'd much rather have it that way than to have a team with a real shot at the championship to be out of the playoffs because they played a tougher schedule than a team that get's in. All that would accomplish would be a whole season of the easiest games that could be scheduled, and I'd rather see one lopsided playoff round than a season full of lopsided games.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Blount county is in the process of building a 1A school dead center between Alcoa,Maryville and Heritage it will most def be a region 1 team.My understanding its supposed to be ready in 2021.May have a new head dog in 1A in that area!

Still think somebody in region 2 should come to region 1. Then each would have 6 teams.Would Oliver Springs be the closest out of the top 5 in region 2.

44 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Blount county is in the process of building a 1A school dead center between Alcoa,Maryville and Heritage it will most def be a region 1 team.My understanding its supposed to be ready in 2021.May have a new head dog in 1A in that area!

That could be a good situation for someone in that area. Hard to believe they will stay 1A for very long though. 

55 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I suppose that may effect you all getting transfer out of that area and then again maybe not.