5 Class Plan

riverrat

I don't know if there is any way to work in City vs. County into all this mess, but it's a fact that the average county school does not have near the funds/resources/etc. as the city schools.     City schools can offer more $$$ to top coaches, they have better facilities, etc.        Not in every case across the board but on average.       It would be interesting to see the trend of state champions from the county vs. the city.        Exceptions would be those counties where there is only one high school in the county.     I don't know, just something else to chew on.....       Any followup thoughts?

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I don't know if there is any way to work in City vs. County into all this mess, but it's a fact that the average county school does not have near the funds/resources/etc. as the city schools.     City schools can offer more $$$ to top coaches, they have better facilities, etc.        Not in every case across the board but on average.       It would be interesting to see the trend of state champions from the county vs. the city.        Exceptions would be those counties where there is only one high school in the county.     I don't know, just something else to chew on.....       Any followup thoughts?

Here is your post in alphabetical order. It makes more sense that way.

$$$
a
across
all
any
Any
as
average
average
be
be
better
board
but
but
can
case
champions
chew
City
city
City
city.
coaches
counties
County
county
county
county
does
don't
don't
else
etc
etc.
every
Exceptions
facilities
fact
follow
from
funds
have
have
high
I
I
if
in
in
in
interesting
into
is
is
It
it's
just
know
know
mess
more
near
not
Not
of
offer
on
on....
one
only
resources
school
school
schools
schools
see
something
state
that
the
the
the
the
the
the
the
the
there
there
they
this
those
thoughts?
to
to
to
to
trend
up
vs.
vs.
way
where
work
would
would

13 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Here is your post in alphabetical order. It makes more sense that way.

$$$
a
across
all
any
Any
as
average
average
be
be
better
board
but
but
can
case
champions
chew
City
city
City
city.
coaches
counties
County
county
county
county
does
don't
don't
else
etc
etc.
every
Exceptions
facilities
fact
follow
from
funds
have
have
high
I
I
if
in
in
in
interesting
into
is
is
It
it's
just
know
know
mess
more
near
not
Not
of
offer
on
on....
one
only
resources
school
school
schools
schools
see
something
state
that
the
the
the
the
the
the
the
the
there
there
they
this
those
thoughts?
to
to
to
to
trend
up
vs.
vs.
way
where
work
would
would

Bingo!    It makes as much sense as the T$$AA ever implementing a good playoff system.

I wouldn't mind a return to a Z-plan system if it could be explained to the coaches and fans completely. There was a lot of fussing and confusion. You could keep the 6 class playoff system but cut down on the regular season classes to help rivalries and travel distance, plus make it an actual reward for good play to make the postseason. 

3 class regular season would probably be too much, that was another reason for complaints, but 4 or 5 could work. 

2 hours ago, Indian said:

I wouldn't mind a return to a Z-plan system if it could be explained to the coaches and fans completely. There was a lot of fussing and confusion. You could keep the 6 class playoff system but cut down on the regular season classes to help rivalries and travel distance, plus make it an actual reward for good play to make the postseason. 

3 class regular season would probably be too much, that was another reason for complaints, but 4 or 5 could work. 

Z plan was not as bad in retrospect but it definitely needed tweaking to prevent the easy scheduling.  I think it could work.