Huntingdon vs Huntland

Waker

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Where did Huntingdon stop on the way to let their players stretch?   

1st half Huntland seemed to be the fresher team at times. 

Seems yall were a bit lethargic early on. 

Not making excuses here but I heard some of the players(and fans who rode the charter) were not feeling well. I know that some of the fans had to take Dramamine after the bus ride.Huntingdon started out slow and starting defense allowed 3 points for the game. As far as the so called bomb for Huntingdon’s last score.....if the Huntland cornerback would have tackled our 3rd backup back(no offense to Ethan, he just hasn’t been used much in the backfield this year) it would have been at most a 15 yard gain. But instead he caught it, broke a tackle and ran it 40 yards for a TD. I feel like there may have been a little looking past Huntland. I did. I never once felt nervous about this game tonight. I also feel like the coaches knew there were S Pitt and GB fans there and wasn’t going to show much. I don’t have on rose colored glasses. Yes, the pass defense was not good tonight. Moving on!!!!!

Edited by Waker
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Waker said:

Not making excuses here but I heard some of the players(and fans who rode the charter) were not feeling well. I know that some of the fans had to take Dramamine after the bus ride.Huntingdon started out slow and starting defense allowed 3 points for the game. As far as the so called bomb for Huntingdon’s last score.....if the Huntland cornerback would have tackled our 3rd backup back(no offense to Ethan, he just hasn’t been used much in the backfield this year) it would have been at most a 15 yard gain. But instead he caught it, broke a tackle and ran it 40 yards for a TD. I feel like there may have been a little looking past Huntland. I did. I never once felt nervous about this game tonight. I also feel like the coaches knew there were S Pitt and GB fans there and wasn’t going to show much. I don’t have on rose colored glasses. Yes, the pass defense was not good tonight. Moving on!!!!!

It's time for our 2 safety's to play SAFETY not linebacker. Lake Co will see on film just like every other team that you can throw over the top on Huntingdon. D line and linebackers played their butts off just like they have all year. Huntland has zero passing game and slipped one behind the Mustang defense. Hope that's our #1 focus this week in practice PASS DEFENSE

3 minutes ago, footballover said:

It's time for our 2 safety's to play SAFETY not linebacker. Lake Co will see on film just like every other team that you can throw over the top on Huntingdon. D line and linebackers played their butts off just like they have all year. Huntland has zero passing game and slipped one behind the Mustang defense. Hope that's our #1 focus this week in practice PASS DEFENSE

All true.

It was good that Huntingdon starters got to play a full game. That hasn’t happened since September 27. 
I thought it was impressive that that many Huntingdon fans made the 3+ hour drive to support the boys. It was the loudest I’ve heard the crowd without the band this season. I hope everyone is as intense in a packed Paul Ward Stadium next week. 

1 minute ago, Waker said:

All true.

It was good that Huntingdon starters got to play a full game. That hasn’t happened since September 27. 
I thought it was impressive that that many Huntingdon fans made the 3+ hour drive to support the boys. It was the loudest I’ve heard the crowd without the band this season. I hope everyone is as intense in a packed Paul Ward Stadium next week. 

I will say that the Huntingdon fans have some good rhythm. I was on the Huntland side kinda bopping my head with the beats and chants. Hopefully we don't have to hear them anymore though. LOL

1 minute ago, cherokee23 said:

I will say that the Huntingdon fans have some good rhythm. I was on the Huntland side kinda bopping my head with the beats and chants. Hopefully we don't have to hear them anymore though. LOL

I like to think what we have is “soul”. Haha. I hate the band wasn’t there. When they get going with student section it gets the players loose and good things happen.

One last thing.... it’s a good thing that the game was played tonight. If it was played in the mud tomorrow night, neither team would have had any footing. There were several cuts that Lawton made tonight that he would have normally taken to the house but there was no traction. I noticed several players on both sides trying to kick sticky dirt off their shoes tonight. 

5 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Well I still KNOW what the East has and still KNOW what LC has from film. Does it mean that we should go ahead and give it to them? No. Anything can happen. Doesn’t change the fact of who the better teams are as of rn from what I’ve seen. I hadn’t commented on anything until I saw them live. Now that I have, I KNOW what they bring to the table. Said it 3 times just for you 

LRDAO... You fellars ought to have a easy path to Cookeville.  Only stumbling block for best orchestrated team in state is Grider.  You think im joking but im not. 

17 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO... You fellars ought to have a easy path to Cookeville.  Only stumbling block for best orchestrated team in state is Grider.  You think im joking but im not. 

If you think this year is the best orchestrated team... just wait til next year. Helmet boy and his business cards are working magic. 

Huntingdon has a few things to clean up before next weeks contest at Paul Ward  stadium first thing is got to find some referees That understand what a shift is so penalty flags wont be thrown the Chattanooga referees last night never seen that kind of play before and we’re lost. next pass defense must improved Up the middle and I’m sure that will be looked at.