Class 1A Mr. Football Finalists

cherokee23

2 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says Mr. Football winner is largely a popularity contest. Those having big scoring stats and team recognition usually win. 

Do you have facts to back up this statement of popularity? I think I missed something as scoring stats I think are part of being nominated. Could you explain your statement concerning team recognition? Is that part of the criteria? 

10 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Answered it yesterday and I’ll answer again. Yes... with a school administrator there too. 

Let me ask you a question.  Has that Ryan man met with any potential transfers for 2020? You will need a passer unless you fellars is going to give that Garland boy a shot.  You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

6 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

I know this is going to make some upset but it’s really not directed that way. Hypothetically.. who would have been the QB if the kid from Maryville hadn’t come? Who would have been the RB had Rutgerson not came? I just see that those two have put together some unreal stats and was curious about it. The QB has around 4000 total yards and the RB/WR has over 1000 yards. That’s a bunch of yards. 

They would have just brought in some others.  It's an ongoing trend.   I heard Colin Kaepernick worked out for them and was their first choice but they couldn't get around the age issue. 

I wanna congratulate these finalists.  To me it really does seem the award is losing some luster.  I can't quite put my finger on why though.  Part of it I think is the absence of the lineman award but then there's a part of me that feels as if it's also something else altogether. 

Edited by Southtowner

23 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I wanna congratulate these finalists.  To me it really does seem the award is losing some luster.  I can't quite put my finger on why though.  Part of it I think is the absence of the lineman award but then there's a part of me that feels as if it's also something else altogether. 

Well, for one, I feel individual awards should be left up to individual team banquets, not the TSSAA and it’s affiliates.  Next thing we know, these athletes will be getting paid since TSSAA makes so much money on their names and their schools.  Hey, that’s a great idea.  I coined it first here!  It’s my idea.