Huntingdon Mustangs Vs Lake Co. Falcons

horse

1 hour ago, Jobres76 said:

LC, do yourselves a favor, find a turf field to practice on this week at least once or twice. Not sure if your guys have played on turf or not.

Nearly every Memphis team lc has played typically has turf so I think they’re familiar enough. I’m sure Dyersburg would let us practice on their field once or twice this week tho you know they haven’t used it much this year lol 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

My point being there are only a handful of qbs in high school that will be consistently effective if they are running for their life.  Yeah Huntingdon will get burned on some big plays but can LC keep the chains moving all night.  

I would say LC has been gotten very good at running these quick screen passes that get them 5-10 yards a pop this year. It’s quick enough to get the ball out of his hands quicker than the defense will get there. I don’t think it’d be a good idea to stack the box against lc I feel like they’ve implemented these plays this year specifically to prepare for this game. We shall see how Huntington tries to handle this. But everyone knows lc is a run first team 

4 minutes ago, TipToe421 said:

You are correct sir. My point was this has been a game in the making the past 2 years and it's finally going to happen. No more questions after black Friday......

How has this been a game in the making for the last two years? when neither team could get pass CV the two previous years 

50 minutes ago, horse said:

How has this been a game in the making for the last two years? when neither team could get pass CV the two previous years 

We have been talking about LC and Huntington for the past 2 seasons. We made it to the semis the past 2 years but could not get past CV.

Huntingdon couldn't get past CV to meet LC in the semis. Is that clear enough? 

Fast forward to 2019 and low and behold Huntingdon is facing LC in the semis.  Had Huntingdon beaten CV the past 2 years this game would have already happen.

Before you say it, I know Lake County was beaten by CV 2 times.

Now, back to this game and how we both match up......

Edited by TipToe421

1 minute ago, TipToe421 said:

We have been talking about LC and Huntington for the past 2 seasons. We made it to the semis the past 2 years but could not get past CV.

Huntington couldn't get past CV to meet LC in the semis. Is that clear enough? 

Fast forward to 2019 and low and behold Huntington is facing LC in the semis.  Had Huntington beaten CV the past 2 years this game would have already happen.

Before you say it, I know Lake was beaten by CV 2 times.

huntingDon

15 minutes ago, TipToe421 said:

Huntington couldn't get past CV to meet LC in the semis. Is that clear enough? 

Fast forward to 2019 and low and behold Huntington is facing LC in the semis.  Had Huntington beaten CV the past 2 years this game would have already happen.

Before you say it, I know Lake County was beaten by CV 2 times.

If Huntingdon had beat CV the last two years they would have ended LC run just like CV did. In my opinion this years Huntingdon team is not as good as the last two years. But I don’t know if lake co is good enough to beat this years team. 

Congrats to both teams to making it this far and to the matchup that a lot of the local area has been wanting to happen for a couple of years. I think Huntingdon is really a one dimensional team and Lake County can run & pass. It should be an interesting matchup, but I believe Lake County's defense will shut down the Mustang's run attack most of the night and will have problems keeping Lake County out of the end zone. I'm calling Lake County by at least 16, since they don't kick extra points. If Huntingdon can't keep pace, this game may be over by halftime though. If this game was at LC, I'd say it'd be a bigger spread.