Peabody at Riverside Semi-finals

@38320

We will be prepared.  Our coaches and team have been working hard all year and that is why we are still playing.  We love God and God loves us but to think of divine intervention.  Okay, let me say this.  What happened Friday at the Palace seemed to be a miracle.  It seemed like divine intervention.  Who really knows.  My opinion is that both teams gave the other several chances to win or lose.  I still believe the best team won.

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

Let me ruffle some more feathers--Running Clock...…………………………….?

No bro!!! I respect Both teams. And both teams deserve to be in the semi. But it will not be a running clock. Those river rats will bring it. I believe The tide wins. BUT don’t leave it close at the end. They will not fumble in victory formation. 

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

Let me ruffle some more feathers--Running Clock...…………………………….?

No running clock here. Riverside is playing good football & they're hot. It will take a total team effort for Peabody to win by multiple scores. Riverside will be no slouch. Does Peabody have the ability to blow this game open? Absolutely. But I think this is at most a 3 TD game but I don’t even see it as that. Should be closer than most think. I’ll take a Peabody blow out though. Don’t get it twisted. I don’t want to go through what we had to last Friday. 

1 minute ago, BigEdMo said:

No bro!!! I respect Both teams. And both teams deserve to be in the semi. But it will not be a running clock. Those river rats will bring it. I believe The tide wins. BUT don’t leave it close at the end. They will not fumble in victory formation. 

Have you ever seen anything like that ?  You go under center with a backup and I don’t think they had been under center all year. 

3 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Have you ever seen anything like that ?  You go under center with a backup and I don’t think they had been under center all year. 

I know. We always take a knee from shotgun. Cause that is all we do. The year we beat Aville to go to the semi we were on our own 1 yard line and took snap from shotgun to run the clock out

4 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I know. We always take a knee from shotgun. Cause that is all we do. The year we beat Aville to go to the semi we were on our own 1 yard line and took snap from shotgun to run the clock out

They had a chance to run the clock out and threw the ball and we intercepted it. Their coaching imploded in the last few minutes of the game 

the qb spiked the ball in the shotgun and got a intentional grounding call at one point.  The also had a player clapping on defense mimicking our qb causing false starts the refs didn’t catch that till it happened like 8 times 

Edited by Tide21

4 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

They had a chance to run the clock out and threw the ball and we intercepted it. Their coaching imploded in the last few minutes of the game 

the qb spiked the ball in the shotgun and got a intentional grounding call at one point.  The also had a player clapping on defense mimicking our qb causing false starts the refs didn’t catch that till it happened like 8 times 

Now I will say this, it seemed the Nashville crew refs really did wanna see a different outcome to that game. 

4 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Now I will say this, it seemed the Nashville crew refs really did wanna see a different outcome to that game. 

My thoughts. Felt like they wanted another team to play to give others a chance. But Peabody did what they needed to do and made it out anyway.  

Edited by PHSRollTide

4 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Not in boys basketball. Forrest hasn't posted a winning record since 2012-2013 season... Don't see much scoring going on there either 

Lol!   This sounds similar like me telling the Gibson County Pioneer folk to get over it and save their Peanut Gallery to stock the basketball concessions.  That statement still pulls true for the General.