Redneck Buried-ville thread (Okelund-Mairvul)

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Fret not sx, Dem fancy power rating are on your side

Well that’s a relief. With them power ratings and the 177 pts the pats is giving on stars’ line, murvil might be able to keep it close.

I’m sure I’ll be up at 825 on Friday night, but man I’d like to slip down 411 for that single A matchup. That outta be a goodun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Feeling honest.  Are you feeling honest, or biased? The difference was stunning from my perspective in the stands. But hey, my memory could be flawed. I have no dog in this hunt.  Would actually rather the Rebels win.

Your statement is totally fair, your one that is looking at the picture and not in the picture as others are. I get accused of the same BS on here by the Oompa Loompa Club that can't stand bias observation.  If you don't believe me go back and read a lot of my post about all the mistakes we were making during the season. That being said the best four teams are in the finals and each one has an equal chance to win. Am I scared about Oakland, you better believe it, especially the way we got manhandled in the last game. I think Maryville can win this game if they make no mistakes and correct one part of their game which I won't mention to avoid backlash from the President and V.P. of the Oompa Loompa Club. I will tell you this, I thought Maryville would win against D-B before the game and would be a 28-14 type contest so in reality they over achieved on my scale. I personally think the difference you see in this team and the past are the mistakes but the strong point to me is that they are able to overcome them. My guess is that you don't think they can overcome those mistakes against Oakland. Am I right?

Oompa-Loompas-willy-wonka-and-the-chocol

6 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Feeling honest.  Are you feeling honest, or biased? The difference was stunning from my perspective in the stands. But hey, my memory could be flawed. I have no dog in this hunt.  Would actually rather the Rebels win.

Stunning?.......lol. You do realize they played backups the full 4th quarter, though it didn’t last long since there was a running clock. 
much like last year....this team is built much different than teams of the past. The difference in this team is they may actually have the line to complete against this physical and dominant Oakland team. Maryville has been mostly void of deep lines for a few years.....but that is about to change. Scheming around team weaknesses will not be as critical after next season.

i think this Maryville team plays with Oakland on Friday night. It should be a competitive game. 

• Like 1

I agree ML. 
While teams like Oakland are busy trying to put 80 points up against mostly inferior teams, Murvil usually calls off the dogs at 28 points and gets the “twos” a lot of valuable experience that pays off NOW. 
The more I see, the more I think that this Rebel team can not lose if they don’t turn the ball over. 
That is the only thing that kept Alcoa close this year. 

5 minutes ago, OleMary said:

I agree ML. 
While teams like Oakland are busy trying to put 80 points up against mostly inferior teams, Murvil usually calls off the dogs at 28 points and gets the “twos” a lot of valuable experience that pays off NOW. 
The more I see, the more I think that this Rebel team can not lose if they don’t turn the ball over. 
That is the only thing that kept Alcoa close this year. 

WVLT-Mulls-singing-convention.jpg

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Your statement is totally fair, your one that is looking at the picture and not in the picture as others are. I get accused of the same BS on here by the Oompa Loompa Club that can't stand bias observation.  If you don't believe me go back and read a lot of my post about all the mistakes we were making during the season. That being said the best four teams are in the finals and each one has an equal chance to win. Am I scared about Oakland, you better believe it, especially the way we got manhandled in the last game. I think Maryville can win this game if they make no mistakes and correct one part of their game which I won't mention to avoid backlash from the President and V.P. of the Oompa Loompa Club. I will tell you this, I thought Maryville would win against D-B before the game and would be a 28-14 type contest so in reality they over achieved on my scale. I personally think the difference you see in this team and the past are the mistakes but the strong point to me is that they are able to overcome them. My guess is that you don't think they can overcome those mistakes against Oakland. Am I right?

Oompa-Loompas-willy-wonka-and-the-chocol

Good lord Barn....this is a game played by teenagers. You are critical of everything then play the victim because others are critical of you? This is not that serious...

Edit....it's unbiased Barn. Only us Kool-Aid drinkers are biased. 

Edited by MLREB

1 hour ago, OleMary said:

I agree ML. 

Only people that  make a comment like this are the ones who just look at a headline. In most games the reserves got as much snaps as the starters did