Redneck Buried-ville thread (Okelund-Mairvul)

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

I've always had a take the points philosophy when facing Maryville. However, given the way they were playing on defense, it wasn't going to be a sure thing they get that close again. I think your right in that safety probably played a big part in the decision making because Oakland has a kicker that could have easily made that.

All in all, I'm glad I never get to see Tee Hodge line up against Oakland again. Like trying to tackle a wrecking ball

Me too but last night I was calling for going for the first down. As it would have basically ended the game right then figuratively. I called the INT and that was the end. Sometimes you have to let them hang out and show them that you have a pair. 
Oakland didn’t see this MARYVILLE SQUAD coming. They didn’t expect them to be as tough or as physical as they are.  When I heard Coach Hunt Andreas the team at pregame meal I knew these kids would win by the way the hung on his words. They believed they could and they did. They played together!

Edited by GREYRIDERx

1st off great win murvil. To my credit I said murvil 44-7 over farragut, murvil 42-7 over db, and then the New England Patriots come to town, I never predicted who was going to win. 

Before we all sing Kum ba yah should we really congratulate maryville or should we congratulate that they got to host the game. Are we all missing the trend here since 2016 whoever gets to host is going to win. Even without tee hodge last year if maryville was the host in the semis maryville would have found a way to win an not get trounced 37-0, had Oakland host this year we would all be congratulating Oakland and saying Oakland is just on a different level. Pretty simple to me.

In other news Ravenwood 28-20 over murvil, Mr Oklahoma "the ville" is just going to double team you all night an force someone else to beat them, plus just keep the play opposite from the side your on, please ravenwood have a gameplan ready for this, thanks in advance.

Oh greyrider you said you knew murvil was going to win from the pregame speech, was that the same pregame speech that Coach hunt gave last year? Asking for a friend 

2 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Me too but last night I was calling for going for the first down. As it would have basically ended the game right then figuratively. I called the INT and that was the end. Sometimes you have to let them hang out and show them that you have a pair. 
Oakland didn’t see this MARYVILLE SQUAD coming. They didn’t expect them to be as tough or as physical as they are.  When I heard Coach Hunt Andreas the team at pregame meal I knew these kids would win by the way the hung on his words. They believed they could and they did. They played together!

I was thinking kick and offense stayed out. Thought to myself I'm glad he's the coach and not me. During timeout I thought he would've changed his mind, he didn't.  Im not questioning his decision to go for it last night I'm just anxious to see what happens the next time he's in that same exact situation.  

4 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

1st off great win murvil. To my credit I said murvil 44-7 over farragut, murvil 42-7 over db, and then the New England Patriots come to town, I never predicted who was going to win. 

Before we all sing Kum ba yah should we really congratulate maryville or should we congratulate that they got to host the game. Are we all missing the trend here since 2016 whoever gets to host is going to win. Even without tee hodge last year if maryville was the host in the semis maryville would have found a way to win an not get trounced 37-0, had Oakland host this year we would all be congratulating Oakland and saying Oakland is just on a different level. Pretty simple to me.

In other news Ravenwood 28-20 over murvil, Mr Oklahoma "the ville" is just going to double team you all night an force someone else to beat them, plus just keep the play opposite from the side your on, please ravenwood have a gameplan ready for this, thanks in advance.

Oh greyrider you said you knew murvil was going to win from the pregame speech, was that the same pregame speech that Coach hunt gave last year? Asking for a friend 

I knew all year ... I just don't ever predict high school games ... you did call for the Oakland win ... I'll be nice and not even bring up everything Maryville has done pre 6A ... Bottom line ... Maryville has 5 of the 10 - 6A Gold balls ... Oakland - 1 . Maryville has won a few games away from Maryville high school . I just hope no one tries to change the rules again to where all semi-final games have to be played in Murfreesboro ... I'm just kidding ... sort of . 

I saw Alcoa and Oakland defense this year. Both of them are great.  But! The best defense in the state belongs to  Maryville High School.  How many defenses can hold Alcoa to 3 points and shut out Oakland.  Maryville held both those team to a little over 100 yds of offense.  Maryville also shut down good offensive teams like McMinn County, Bradley County, Dobyns Bennett  and Farragut in the playoff game.  Farragut is the only team the moved the ball really well during the regular season game. Maryville also had 2 key starters out that game.

Last night's game was a thing of beauty.  Defense was sensational.  Ethan Ensley was unblockable.  This defense is one of the best in school history.