Redneck Buried-ville thread (Okelund-Mairvul)

STARSNBARS

1 minute ago, BarneySox2007 said:

14-0. We beat a real good physical Oakland team tonight in a real good game from start to finish. Tonight was why it paid to have Tee Hodge in top form. It was like trying to tackle a mad bull. Great interception with a little over 4 minutes left and great drive by the offense eating up the clock.

Exactly right Barn- you can’t move the ball against a team like Oakland without D1 caliber athletes like Tee. Good plan by Maryville to stay pretty conservative and let Hodge and Chambers carry the ball for the most part. It’s almost like Maryville out-Oaklanded Oakland tonight with great defense and ball control offense.

13 minutes ago, Norman Dale said:

Exactly right Barn- you can’t move the ball against a team like Oakland without D1 caliber athletes like Tee. Good plan by Maryville to stay pretty conservative and let Hodge and Chambers carry the ball for the most part. It’s almost like Maryville out-Oaklanded Oakland tonight with great defense and ball control offense.

Exactly what I said , basically we beat Oakland at their Game ... Great Defense , conservative Ball control . I actually think this is one of the better teams to come in here , and definitely the best team to ever be shut out here . 

I guess Maryville's secret is out now ... Maryville's Defense is one of the best we've ever had . I think most of us have known this ever since the Alcoa game . I'm happy for all the guys on Defense , they have played their Butt off this year !

I guess I'm the Happiest for Tee Hodge ... Tee has had terrible luck with injuries the last 2 years and I can only imagine how frustrating that has been for him .... finally , Tee was able to carry this team to an awesome Victory ... we don't win this game tonight without Tee running like a Freight train ! He hit it hard and got what he could and kept moving the Chains over and over ! Happy for all of them , but especially for Tee ! 

Thank you Oakland for being so supportive of your team , and thank you for once again adding to the Great Rivalry that has become legendary in Tn High School Football .... Maryville vs Oakland ....