1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

6 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I think SP is too focused on Willis. I'm thinking Fields may have a breakout game. SP is talented but can they cover another 6-3 WR with an All State QB throwing to them? Not to mention Rutgerson getting his as well.

I think the key will be LOS as it usually is. Can GB stop SP's run game?

Well, hard for a QB to throw when being pressured/attacked all night! SP defense is definitely a mean bunch! Meigs thought the same thing coming in to that game, there QB would hurt SP! Regardless of the excuses after it was over, SP kept him in check all night! Yes, before it’s mentioned, his receivers weren’t helping him much!

Going to be a good game regardless...

81E9018A-937B-4C48-AB96-121AA6DDBD1E.jpeg

9 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I think SP is too focused on Willis. I'm thinking Fields may have a breakout game. SP is talented but can they cover another 6-3 WR with an All State QB throwing to them? Not to mention Rutgerson getting his as well.

I think the key will be LOS as it usually is. Can GB stop SP's run game?

Their coaches are too smart for that they've watched film number 20 has been an absolute Beast as of late. He is just as dangerous he's just nowhere near the size. Number one is just a fantastic football player all the way around like I said their coaches know what they've got to do I just pray we can slow them down enough to do what we have to do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Well, hard for a QB to throw when being pressured/attacked all night! SP defense is definitely a mean bunch! Meigs thought the same thing coming in to that game, there QB would hurt SP! Regardless of the excuses after it was over, SP kept him in check all night! Yes, before it’s mentioned, his receivers weren’t helping him much!

Our kids definitely do not have alligator arms they'll catch the ball and take a lick and they're a tough bunch,,!

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

Our kids definitely do not have alligator arms they'll catch the ball and take a lick and they're a tough bunch,,!

Lol of that I’m sure! That Qb and receiver core don’t have that attention that have because they drop balls! 
 Nice thing about being laid up on the couch is I’m getting to watch highlights! Lol

1 hour ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

No excuses here, that night you had the better team. You would beat us now as well if we had the same injuries and sickness we had that game. Not sure what you want to hear, most people saying what disturbs you are posters from another team or school lol.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Meigs and GB are apples and oranges in the QB department. Meigs has an adequate passer with tremendous running ability, Gb has an adequate runner with a tremendous passing ability. GB has much more long ball capacity IMO. Not a knock on either but when you start comparing that level player you gotta get picky. 

3 minutes ago, crow said:

Meigs and GB are apples and oranges in the QB department. Meigs has an adequate passer with tremendous running ability, Gb has an adequate runner with a tremendous passing ability. GB has much more long ball capacity IMO. Not a knock on either but when you start comparing that level player you gotta get picky. 

True.  2 different players with different styles.  Both are extremely good at what they do but you can't really compare them since they are different styles.

25 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

No excuses here, that night you had the better team. You would beat us now as well if we had the same injuries and sickness we had that game. Not sure what you want to hear, most people saying what disturbs you are posters from another team or school lol.

Regardless if Swafford was sick or not your o-line got destroyed that's what led to Swafford being on his back.    When he did have time to scramble or throw he seemed to do it well. His receivers didn't help him any when he made good throws. Tell me yeti did your receviers,qb,o-line all have the sickness that night?  

Edited by oneyewilly

25 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Nothing really bothers me, I just say what I see! I didn’t hear or should I say read about sickness or anything before that game but I could have overlooked some posts.

Make no mistake, I wasn’t  really comparing the two QBs, two separate young men on two separate teams. My response was to just say SP defense was stout and hopefully put as much pressure on the GB QB as they did the Meigs! 
 I respect both Meigs and GB, just hope SP can keep the same intensity up come Friday night. 

Edited by CaptainJackRackam

4 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Nothing really bothers me, I just say what I see! I didn’t hear or should I say read about sickness or anything before that game but I could have overlooked some posts.

Make no mistake, I was really comparing the two QBs, two separate young men on two separate teams. My response was to just say SP defense was stout and hopefully put as much pressure on the GB QB as they did the Meigs! 
 I respect both Meigs and GB, just hope SP can keep the same intensity up come Friday night. 

I respect you too man, your girlie friend willie not so much. Yall have a good team and really played a good game. We couldn't beat yall in the shape we were in but we gave it all we had lol. 

You didnt hear about it because those things can lead to points of attack on the field as you know. I told Vandyfan1 when I met him that night before the game. So he knew.

Edited by Imthayeti

5 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Regardless if Swafford was sick or not your o-line got destroyed that's what led to Swafford being on his back.    When he did have time to scramble or throw he seemed to do it well. His receivers didn't help him any when he made good throws. Tell me yeti did your receviers,qb,o-line all have the sickness that night?  

2 recievers out, all state preseason OL hurt, and qb with strep and flu. Again not discrediting y'alls win although you seem to not be able to have a conversation without being a little punk over the T.