Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

1 minute ago, Appvol said:

I don’t think kids leave for education reasons. There may be a sport that kid loves that the other school doesn’t take seriously. At every school kids get pushed along to next grade. At my wife’s school kids leave so they can graduate or to pass a class then comeback.

Kids may not but Parents should look at it.  Hey I support every school we have.  Heck, my Son-in-Law graduated at Cloudland and is doing well !!  I would not trade him for nothing.

2 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I don’t think kids leave for education reasons. There may be a sport that kid loves that the other school doesn’t take seriously. At every school kids get pushed along to next grade. At my wife’s school kids leave so they can graduate or to pass a class then comeback.

I don't think we can paint with a broad brush, some leave for the reasons you mentioned but there are some who do see better chances in other schools. 

There are some kids who come to these schools and do no participate nor desire to participate in sports. It has nothing to do with sports but rather education.

19 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Sorry but there isn’t. My wife is Teacher and my sister in law teaches at Cloudland. There is a lot of good teachers their. I can promise you if your kid was where taught by wife it would be a blessing.

Your wife would be very disappointed in you not knowing the difference in there and their.  

Enough of the  BS recruiting talk.

Congrats to both teams on making it to Cookeville.  Let’s go take care of business and bring the gold ball back.

Go cyclones!!!

7 minutes ago, Datoad said:

I am saying talents are developed. You are not born with them. 

There has always been and always will be coaches that can develop talent and kids with the desire and ability to meet the challenges. 

Maupin an Rollins are not the only kids that have skills. Others do but have yet to develop them . So the answer is... we cannot know till one is coached to meet his or her true potential.

When Maupin and Rollins are gone we will see. 

So the coaching staff is the reason for all their success. It doesn't matter who the players are.

1 minute ago, Cummins354 said:

So the coaching staff is the reason for all their success. It doesn't matter who the players are.

OK.. Last post for now. 

As I said, kids are not born with it it is developed. If it were not so then these kids would still be pooping their diapers and sucking their thumbs. 

Somewhere along the line somebody "coached" them to stop and do it differently. That is what coaches do. 

It’s already been said on here, and I mean no disrespect to any of the NE Tenn folks who are commenting, but if you guys want to discuss the academics and such at Betsy and other Carter County schools, start a thread dedicated to that. Let’s keep it to the game on this one. The teams aren’t going to change between now and next Saturday. 

Springfield is going to line up and play and so is Elizabethton. May the best team win. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, woodby30 said:

Kids may not but Parents should look at it.  Hey I support every school we have.  Heck, my Son-in-Law graduated at Cloudland and is doing well !!  I would not trade him for nothing.

I hope you guys win Saturday. Pulling for you and the kids I know on the team. 

If you really think parents should look at education part then their is only one choice for that University High. It doesn’t matter where you live to go their.